2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-1 06:35:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The running back position became a need after the Ravens cut Pierce following his arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Za'Darius Smith is being counted on to step in for McPhee, who signed as a free agent in March with the Chicago Bears. Allen will be given the chance to back up Justin Forsett, a job held by Bernard Pierce before he was released in March.

"It just worked out well,Cheap NFL Jerseys," assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said.
And so,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, in an exhaustive span of three days, general manager Ozzie Newsome attempted to fill those holes with NFL draft picks. After he was done, the Ravens had addressed just about all their needs.
Newsome resumed the pattern Saturday. He chose Kentucky outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith in the fourth round with the 122nd overall pick, obtained in the trade for Ngata. He snagged Southern Cal running back Javorius Allen in the fourth round (125th overall) and fortified the defensive backfield by choosing cornerback Tray Walker out of Texas Southern with a compensatory pick.
"I still don't know what's going to happen with him,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Newsome said of Pitta. "But Maxx Williams was way ahead of anybody we had on the board when we picked him and Boyle was the same way."
In the fifth round Saturday, the Ravens added Delaware tight end Nick Boyle and Tennessee State guard Robert Myers. Both picks were compensatory.
Baltimore couldn't afford to pay wide receiver Torrey Smith, linebacker Pernell McPhee, tight end Owen Daniels or defensive tackle Haloti Ngata. Smith, McPhee and Daniels signed elsewhere as free agents, and Ngata was traded to Detroit.
"When we let players walk out of the door because they get huge contracts that we can't match, then we get those picks,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," Newsome said Friday night. "We have to be able to utilize those picks to be able to get some good players to come in and help our football team. That will make our draft."
Allen left USC after his junior year. In his career, he ran for 2,306 yards and scored 27 touchdowns.
Baltimore entered the draft with 10 picks — three of them compensatory. Newsome hoped to make the most of it.
The speedy Perriman is expected to provide the deep threat that Smith did, Williams has the potential to step in for Daniels and Davis could find himself backing up Timmy Jernigan where Ngata once lurked.
Getting another tight end was a logical move. Not only is Daniels gone, but Dennis Pitta has missed 25 games over the past two seasons with a hip fracture and there's no guarantee he will return.
"That's all they talked about," Smith said. "I can tell you this: I'm going to follow in his footsteps and I'm going to be the best pass rusher and the best run stopper I can."
Newsome selected Central Florida wide receiver Breshad Perriman in the first round Thursday, then followed up with Minnesota tight end Maxx Williams and Iowa defensive tackle Carl Davis on Friday.
The Ravens rarely draft for need,Cheap Air Max 97 Trainers, and they insisted that wasn't the case this year.
"I couldn't ask for a better situation," Allen said. "My time came, and I'm going to take full advantage of it."
When it was all over, a weary Newsome forged a smile.
"It's a big success," coach John Harbaugh said. "We scratched a lot of itches. The opportunity was there in this draft to do it, and that's very fortunate for us."
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens have evidently decided that the best way to deal with a tight salary cap is to get players with a predetermined wage scale.
Za'Darius Smith was named MVP of the East-West Shrine Game and earned a spot in the Senior Bowl. The 6-4, 275-pounder had 10 1/2 sacks in two seasons with the Wildcats after transferring from East Mississippi Community College.
He understands completely about the departure of McPhee and how it relates to his future in the NFL. The Ravens mentioned as much when Smith visited the complex before the draft.
"We feel good about the collective work that has been done the past three days," he said. "But we're not done putting this team together. We're still going to mining for players to make us better."
Baltimore's final selection, 6-foot-6 wide receiver Darren Waller of Georgia Tech,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, was a sixth-rounder that came in the 2014 trade that sent Rolando McClain to Dallas.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 23:51 , Processed in 0.069933 second(s), 26 queries .