2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-2 22:35:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Victor Cruz understood the need for Eli Manning to look for supporting receivers such as tight end Larry Donnell and wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan early in Monday night's 35-14 loss to the Lions.
Cruz said he and Randle got less attention because of the Lions' defense.
Cruz, however,NFL Jerseys China, had just two catches for 24 yards after Manning targeted him only six times. Manning looked toward Randle only three times as he finished with two catches for 1 yard.
"(Detroit) had a couple of wrinkles we saw throughout the preseason. We didn't execute very well into it," he said. "There wasn't enough continuity or consistency."
"It was just the way the game unfolded,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," he said. "I'm not saying it was deliberate or that he just wasn't looking this way. The way the coverage played out,China Jerseys Cheap, a lot of the plays wound up getting shifted to JJ's side and we had some seams open up for Donnell. But you want to make an effort to get Rueben and myself the ball."
Cruz had a ball go off his hands for a third-quarter interception as the Giants were trying to climb back into the game, down 20-7.
The Giants' early effort was devoid of any sense of rhythm, as the offense gained only 75 yards in the first half. Donnell and Jernigan were clearly the stars with a combined seven catches for 62 yards, including Donnell's 1-yard touchdown catch early in the second quarter.
Finding that,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, Cruz said,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, will get him more involved in a passing game the Giants expect the 2012 Pro Bowl receiver to lead. It will also be a big factor in avoiding a repeat of last year's disastrous 0-6 start.
"It's about keeping in the mind of our team that this is correctable," Cruz said. "We can come out of this with some positivity for Week 2."
"I think it's important," Cruz said. "In order for us to be successful, there needs to be ... increased targets in my direction and in other playmakers' direction like Rueben Randle. But that all comes with continuity, getting the running game going, building what we want to build as the game continues."
But the star pass-catcher, one of the Giants' five team captains, also knew that targeting him just twice in the first half is not a winning formula.
"If we can get into that rhythm early on, we can get into passing the ball and opening up plays a little bit," he said.
Cruz said Donnell made some big catches in third-down situations while Jernigan played well while facing man defenses.
"I'm not going that way," Coughlin said. "I don't see it. A lot of mistakes you're seeing are technical things, not communication."
Manning appeared to have problems communicating the offense with the hand signals offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo's west coast scheme demands. But coach Tom Coughlin refused to blame the unit's continuing troubles on that. Instead, he chalked it up to poor execution.
NOTES -- Coughlin said he was still waiting for results on an MRI on punter Steve Weatherford's high left ankle sprain, suffered late in the first quarter when Detroit's Jerome Couplin hit him.Coughlin also said the neck injury DE Jason Pierre-Paul received bears watching,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, even though he felt good and returned to the game after X-rays were negative. He will be listed as limited for Wednesday's practice... In a radio interview, S Antrel Rolle blamed the defensive problems that led to 417 yards allowed on laxity and a lack of fight. But MLB Jon Beason said it was a matter of having more fun. "But it's only fun when you're making plays," Beason said. "What you're trying to get across to the guys in front of you is, 'Somebody step up and make a play and have fun. Once you make a play you're going to get on a roll and you start flying around and doing it together."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 04:17 , Processed in 0.057811 second(s), 26 queries .