2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-3 04:59:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The pain got to be too much for Chris Snee.
Snee joined the team the same year as Manning, who now is the longest-tenured Giant.
"It's different," Coughlin said, "because not only is it a great football player retiring from the game, who has contributed so much to our team and our franchise and has two world championships to show for it, he is a highly respected and loved member of our family."
"He called me yesterday and told me the news," Manning said. "I kind of knew there was a possibility with everything going on with his health. I'm obviously disappointed just because we've had a long run together. We came in the same year,Authentic China Jerseys, were roommates for home games and away games that first year. We've won a lot of games and been through a lot together and been great pals, so I told him I'd miss him."
Snee started every game in which he played over the last decade, 141 in all. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008, '09, '10 and '12,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, a versatile blocker as efficient in pass protection as he was in the running game. He won two Super Bowls as New York's starting right guard.
Coughlin,Cheap NFL Jerseys, of course, has another reason for missing Snee.
Snee was a second-round pick in 2004 out of Boston College and has made four Pro Bowls. He was to be the anchor of a revamped offensive line this season — a unit that underperformed in 2013 with Snee sidelined for all but three games.
Snee's retirement leaves three players on the roster who won the NFL title after the 2007 and 2011 seasons: quarterback Eli Manning, long snapper Zak DeOssie and linebacker-defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, who was on injured reserve for the first of those games.
"I take tremendous pride in the effort that I put in the weight room and being the strongest player on the field," the 32-year-old Snee said. "I'm nowhere near that, so I knew that even if I came here today, I wouldn't be able to practice. You're trying to catch up and I've been trying to get my strength back, but I think it's time to just let the arm cool down."

"To me, he was the best guard in all of football," Coughlin said. "No doubt. No matter who you put him against, all of the great defensive tackles in the game,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, the 350 (pound) guys, the 340 guys, he blocked them. When he first came here,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, he was so, so committed and so driven to excel at the professional level as he had excelled at the collegiate level."
So the veteran guard told the New York Giants on Monday that he is retiring.
Snee met with coach Tom Coughlin, who also is his father-in-law,Cheap Stitched MLB Jerseys, then said he was ending his NFL career after 10 seasons. He has had two hip surgeries and now is most troubled by right elbow and wrist problems. He sat out minicamp last month but indicated he expected to play this season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 13:58 , Processed in 0.049130 second(s), 26 queries .