2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-4 08:36:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
With the Lions choosing not to bring in a veteran, Lawson will be at the nickel against Newton in Carolina.
When starting cornerback Bill Bentley tore his ACL early in the game, Lawson was thrown immediately into the fire against Eli Manning, Victor Cruz and the Giants, and he'll remain there this Sunday against Cam Newton and the Panthers.
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Detroit Lions rookie Nevin Lawson was supposed to get a quiet introduction to the NFL on Monday night.
"We weren't expecting Nevin to play that much,Wholesale Jerseys China, obviously, but every player on our roster knows that they are one play away from being on the field," defensive coordinator Teryl Austin said. "He did a nice job out there,China NFL Jerseys Cheap, and he's trying to learn as fast and as well as he can to be ready for the Panthers."
The Lions haven't picked up a cornerback to replace Bentley,Cheap Jerseys From China, but coach Jim Caldwell said that they have a plan.
Notes: Lions player representative Glover Quin said that he didn't have anything to say about either the current drug-testing negotiations or the Ray Rice situation. He did acknowledge, however,NFL Jerseys Supply, that the latter has been a subject of conversation among his teammates. ... "There has certainly been a lot of talk about what really happened and what may not have happened," he said. "I'm glad that we're not the Ravens, who are having to deal with this under the spotlight, although just this conversation shows that everyone in the league is dealing with it to some extent." ... One day after being called "Donkey Kong Suh" by Newton, Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh walked through the locker room during the media-access period with his phone held to his ear. Suh changed shoes and left the locker room by another entrance, and ignored questions about Newton's comments.
"It felt like I was OK," he said Thursday. "There were some things that I saw on the film that I need to work on, but it wasn't bad. I definitely think that having that game experience is going to help me going forward,Wholesale Jerseys, because there's no way to duplicate that in practice or even a preseason game."
It didn't quite work out that way.
"You can never have enough cornerbacks in this league,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, but we trust the ones we've got with us right now," Austin said. "The game action will help Nevin, and with their power-running game, I don't expect we will be in the nickel nearly as much as we were against the Giants. I would think we'll have three linebackers on the field more often."
The shortage of defensive backs was a particular problem against the Giants because Detroit spent almost every snap in the nickel defense. That meant Lawson was on the field for every play, not just in passing situations.
"We've got two defensive backs on our practice squad in (Nate) Ness and (Mohammad) Seisay that we feel can step in and perform for us," he said. "They've been working in our scheme, and that how I think the system should work -- there might be times when you need a veteran, but most of the time, you should be looking to the guys on your practice squad."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 05:31 , Processed in 0.075284 second(s), 26 queries .