10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-5 12:10:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– United Minibus Union President In an effort to alleviate transportation woes faced by residents on the East Bank of Demerara, the United Minibus Union (UMU) has announced its support for the development of a new zone for the “Diamond inside” minibus operators.According to President of the association, Eon Andrews,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, the issue of commuters being exploited, as well as being left stranded on the minibus park for hours during the night is unacceptable and needs to stop.United Minibus Union President, Eon AndrewsIt has been duly noted that during the peak hours, minibus operators would haphazardly convert to operating a nonexistent Diamond New Scheme route, leaving residents of Grove and Craig stranded on the minibus park for many hours.This is while minibus conductors demand that those disembarking before the Diamond Housing Scheme pay a fare of $160, as opposed to $60 from Georgetown to Providence, and $80 up to the new scheme.Efforts to contact the Traffic Chief proved futile, however, in speaking with this newspaper, a senior official of the Ministry of Home Affairs noted that although it is nonexistent, minibus operators cannot be penalized for taking passengers into the scheme, as route 42 minibuses are allowed to go as far as the Soesdyke/Linden highway, with no restrictions, into the developing scheme.The official noted that the issue of minibus operators converting to a strict “Diamond New Scheme” route as per their convenience, cannot be dealt with by the law, but opined that the minibus operators need to realize that the public is dependent on their services, and they should therefore acknowledge that they have a social responsibility, especially since the same minibuses would go back to operating the regular Grove/ Diamond (outside) route, after the rush hours have passed.“They should think about it, and put themselves in place of the people who, after a hard day’s work ,would be stranded on the minibus park for hours. I understand that pregnant women and mothers with young children are no exception. They need to consider also that even though people might be desperate, they probably can’t afford to pay the extra $60,” the official said.Many commuters also attested to this, noting that despite wanting to go home, they would stand and wait at the minibus park for hours, just because they cannot afford to pay the demanded price.“I won’t lie; I does get a minimum wage. Me husband is a good-fuh-nothing, suh you gotta say that with my li’l bit money, I does got to send three children to school, and manage a house. It ain’t easy. Some days I don’t even eat lunch because of the expenses that I got,NBA Jerseys China, you think I gon get money to pay duh ridiculous price fuh go right at Herstelling?” one commuter asked.Meanwhile, the Home Affairs official also pointed out that it is necessary for transportation provisions to be made for the developing schemes all across the country.UMU’s Andrews told this newspaper that several attempts have been made on his part, to engage the Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee on the issue, but to no avail. He said that the development of a new zone for the Diamond New Scheme is the solution to a majority of the problems faced by route 42 commuters.“A new zone would be very good, because we already see that Diamond is a growing area,” Andrews emphasized.Hire cars drivers, on the other hand, have not been very pleased with minibuses working the “Diamond inside” route.They complain that usually,Cheap NFL Jerseys, minibuses would drop off passengers at the head of the scheme, and hire cars would get their chance at making a dollar, by transporting these to their respective destinations.“Rajah” one of the said hire car drivers told Kaieteur News that for several months now, he and his colleagues have been “suffering”, as the rush hour passengers no longer drop off at the head of the Diamond New Scheme.“This is not fair to we…Everybody got to make a dollar when de day come,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, but dem bus man don’t see that. This is we thing, we does depend on a couple loads fuh mine we family. These bus men nah ga no conscience,” “Rajah” said yesterday.When asked about the possible development of a new zone for buses to operate the “Diamond inside” route,Jerseys Wholesale, the man noted that it would only be fair if provisions are also made for the hire car operators. He opined that minibuses should only be allowed to operate from Georgetown and on the main roads within the scheme, while the hire cars take passengers directly into the streets.“Me wife does travel to Grove in the nights, so I know of what does go on at the park. This new zone thing gon be good yes, but dem got to regulate it suh that bread don’t get tek outta we mouth,China Jerseys For Sale,” “Rajah” said.Commuters have also been calling on the government to fulfill the long overdue promise of having at least a few big buses become operational.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-11 08:53 , Processed in 0.074201 second(s), 28 queries .