2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-5 18:08:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I've taken advantage of most of my opportunities and that's all I can ask for," Gostkowski said.
"So far I think I've done a pretty good job of it, and no one's made more of his opportunities than Adam has."
Don't expect any misses when Gostkowski and the player he replaced as the New England Patriots kicker nearly a decade ago play on the same field Sunday night.
Vinatieri is second in the NFL with 92 points, but Gostkowski doesn't measure himself against his predecessor. His main concern is that he succeeds whenever he gets a chance.
"Being halfway through my ninth year, the story's so old."
Gostkowski is on target for his third straight NFL scoring title with a league-high 101 points. Vinatieri, in his ninth season with the Indianapolis Colts, is as accurate as he's ever been in his 19-year career, making all 20 of his field goal attempts.
Gostkowski has made 24 of 25 field goal attempts this season, missing only a 36-yarder on a poor snap.
He's also dealt with the attention of the games against Vinatieri. There's only been one season since Vinatieri left and Gostkowski arrived that the teams didn't face each other.
During Vinatieri's 10 seasons with the Patriots,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, they were seventh in the league in scoring. The Colts are seventh in his nine seasons with them.
Vinatieri, though, has had the benefit of kicking inside a dome with Indianapolis and is 111-for-121 in home games with the Colts.
"I had to answer all the questions for it in my rookie year, but it never truly bothered me," Gostkowski said. "It was cool to be on a team that he was on. I never looked at it as a negative, but I honestly don't think about stuff like that, especially now in my career.
Gostkowski must deal with often windy, cold conditions in Foxborough Stadium.
"Doesn't make the job any easier," he said.
On top of the list?
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — One after another, Stephen Gostkowski's kicks keep going through the uprights.

Vinatieri with 1,158, just 36 points ahead.
Vinatieri struggled in his second game with the Patriots,Cheap NFL Jerseys, missing three of four field-goal attempts in a 31-0 win over Buffalo in 1996.
"Waiting for him to miss, you'll be waiting all day," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday.
Now he needs just seven points to reach 1,Wholesale NHL Jerseys,131 and pass Gino Cappelletti as the second highest scorer in team history.
Both kickers have been outstanding since the start of last season. Gostkowski has made 62 of 66 field goal attempts and Vinatieri has hit 55 of 60.
Since then, New England leads the NFL with 4,124 points,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, 302 more than second-place New Orleans, according to STATS Inc.
Both kickers have spent their careers with productive offenses that provided plenty of field-goal and extra-point chances.
"If he goes out and kicks nine field goals, it's not going to affect me one way or the other," Gostkowski said. "I don't care who's the best, who's not the best. All I care about is helping this team win."
The Patriots drafted Gostkowski in the fourth round in 2006 after Vinatieri, who wanted a long-term contract with them, signed as a free agent with the Colts,
"I've been fortunate to be on a really good team with a really good offense," Gostkowski said. "There could be the best kicker on the world on a bad team, and no one would ever get to see it."
There was Vinatieri's last-play, 48-yard field goal that gave New England a 20-17 win over St. Louis in the Super Bowl of the 2001 season. Two years later, he kicked a 41-yarder with four seconds left in a 32-29 Super Bowl win over Carolina. And the next year, he kicked a fourth-quarter field goal in another Super Bowl win, 24-21 over Philadelphia.
"He wasn't the kicker then that he is now," Belichick said. "Right now, I don't think anybody is kicking better than he is."
Just like Adam Vinatieri's.
"I have nothing but the utmost respect for how good he is, has been and still is," Gostkowski said,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, "but I've never been one to be looking at something that someone else has done, and thinking, 'Oh,NFL Jerseys Cheap, man, I wish I could do that.' You're only as good as your opportunities.
The Patriots lost both Super Bowls that Gostkowski played in, against the New York Giants. He didn't try a field goal in a 17-14 loss in the 2007 season and made his only attempt in a 21-17 loss in the 2011 season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 09:37 , Processed in 0.071766 second(s), 26 queries .