2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-5 22:47:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On his second rush of the season, Develin was stopped as he hit the middle of the line. He kept his legs churning and was stopped again and again and again as he kept moving to the left. Finally, he fell into the end zone. The Patriots ended up winning the game 34-31.

"The unique thing about James is he's a very versatile player," Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said. "We saw that going back to last season. He was able to line up in the backfield, at tight end, detach from the formation."
The New England Patriots are short-handed at tight end so James Develin is getting another chance to show the versatility that has earned praise from coach Bill Belichick.
"I'm excited to see him," Develin said. "I'm glad that he's doing so well and that he's been given the opportunity to move up."
Now he's seeing more time at tight end while Gronkowski continues his comeback from knee surgery and Hoomanawanui nurses an undisclosed injury.
"He gets better all the time,Cheap Stitched Jerseys," Belichick said Wednesday. "It's a little bit like a relief pitcher. He has a role,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, but sometimes you don't know when that role is going to occur."
Now he has a chance to improve at tight end.
"I was just trying to stay in the game and get some film" of himself for scouts to study, Develin said. "That's the whole reason I went down there. I wasn't really getting any looks from NFL teams so I figured why not go down there and play the game I love and just keep trying and keep trying. And, luckily,Wholesale China Jerseys, everything worked out for me."
Develin played defensive line at Brown but,NFL Jerseys Supply, at 255 pounds,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, realized any shot at making the NFL depended on his ability to contribute in other ways. With the Patriots,Wholesale MLB Jerseys 2018, he's a fullback and a solid special teams contributor.
"That's on hold," he said.
And once his NFL career is over, he can always use his Ivy League mechanical engineering degree.
"He's not a game-breaking type of (player). That's not really his role," Belichick said. "But the plays, like the play he had in Houston last year, breaking four tackles to get into the end zone from the 1-yard line, those kind of plays sometimes say as much as an 80-yard touchdown."
"The past is in the past and I'll leave it there," Develin said. "At this point, there's no use in looking back on it, just trying to do it again this year."
His coach with the Tuskers was Jay Gruden, now the coach of the Washington Redskins. The Patriots will hold joint practices at Washington's training facility next week before they meet in a preseason opener next Thursday night.
"It was very valuable for me," he said. "I was a rookie. I didn't have really any experience playing professional football and that kind of got my feet wet in it and I was able to learn from a lot of ex-NFL guys."
Playing for the Tuskers was a critical steppingstone.
After leaving Brown, he played the 2010 season with the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Rob Gronkowski isn't ready for full-time activity. Michael Hoomanawanui has been sidelined the past two practices.
After his stint with the Tuskers, he joined the Cincinnati Bengals practice squad for the last five games of the 2010 season. He stayed on it throughout the following season but was waived late in the 2012 training camp and was signed to New England's practice squad one day later. The Patriots waived him twice after that before signing him last Sept. 6.
He played all 18 games, including the playoffs, last season.
"Wherever the coaches put me, whenever they give me an opportunity, I'm just trying to go out there and do it to the best of my ability," Develin said.
Develin participated in 27.6 percent of the team's offensive snaps last season, mostly as a blocker. He caught four passes for 62 yards and ran four times for 10 yards and a touchdown.
"James is very smart, works very, very hard. He had a great offseason ... very strong in the weight room," Belichick said. "From day one that he entered the program to where he is now, he's really improved."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 23:42 , Processed in 0.071389 second(s), 26 queries .