2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-7 02:33:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Gruden said he just wants someone to "take the position and run with it." Griffin wouldn't take the bait when asked about that statement.
Griffin used to be good for at least one good laugh-out-loud quip per week when he wasn't stirring things up on social media, but his news conference Tuesday was again stocked with rote answers and clichés such as: "We've got to make sure that as a team we go out there ready to play."
If Gruden appears to single out Griffin, it's because that's the player he's asked about the most. Here, for example, is what the coach told Philadelphia reporters Tuesday when asked about ex-Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, whose production has tailed off in recent weeks.
"I don't expect perfection from him," Gruden said. "But we want to see improvement from a weekly basis."
He hasn't written a Facebook or Twitter post since a round of Happy Thanksgiving wishes last month, and he said he'll stay away from both until the season's over.
Griffin has been given the starting job for the third time this season,NFL Jerseys Supply, each time under different circumstances. He was the undisputed franchise QB coming out of training camp, but he dislocated his ankle in Week 2. When he returned, he played poorly and was benched after three games.
"For me, anything that I was saying, whether it was positive or negative, it was getting twisted and turned against me and against this team," Griffin said. "I felt like I shouldn't say very much."
Now's he back once again, getting the call for Saturday's game as the Redskins (3-11) host the Philadelphia Eagles because Colt McCoy has a sprained neck. McCoy was placed on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday.
"I'm a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately kind of guy," Gruden said, "and lately we haven't seen the DeSean we need to see."
"My goal is always to go out there and be the guy,China Jerseys Free Shipping," Griffin said. "And that's my only focus. I'm not really worried about anything else."
Gruden has been candid about Griffin's play all season, but that's been the standard mode of operation for the first-year coach. On Tuesday, when the coach was asked why Griffin has struggled to grasp some of the fundamentals of drop-back passing, Gruden blamed it on inexperience,NFL Jerseys Supply, pointing out the lengthy careers of accomplished quarterbacks Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees as compared to third-year QB Griffin.
If there is animosity between Gruden and Griffin,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, it's not persistently evident when the two interact. The two talked, laughed and joked off the side during the special teams portion of Tuesday's practice. The chat ended with Gruden playfully miming a punch to Griffin's face, with Griffin laughing.
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Robert Griffin III isn't saying much these days, even though he is again the starting quarterback for the Washington Redskins.
"This position is very difficult, especially when you're learning new concepts with a new system," Gruden said. "It takes time. So it's important for us to try and have some success on first and second down so we don't have to drop back and throw it 30 times a game, and have a lead, so we don't have to worry about it. But,China NFL Jerseys, eventually, when you get behind,Cheap Air Max Shoes With Free Shipping, you get in third down, you get behind the chains, those have to be accomplished — the drop-back reads and progressions have to be accomplished, and that's something we're fighting through right now."
His coach continues to speak volumes.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:54 , Processed in 0.075246 second(s), 26 queries .