2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-7 18:56:18 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Jets, who officially announced the signings of Cromartie and Gilchrist on Wednesday, certainly appear in much better shape in the secondary than a week ago.
"It ended up working out for the best," Cromartie said. "Like I said earlier during the offseason, if it presented itself and everything was right, this would be an easy choice for me, and I felt like it was. It also was an easy decision for my family, just from looking at kids in school and not moving around a lot. We consider this as being home. If we get the chance, this is a place we'd like to retire."
New York paid for it to be, spending $127 million on the three new cornerbacks. Revis signed a five-year contract worth $70 million,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, with $39 million fully guaranteed; Cromartie got a four-year deal worth $32 million in base salary — with a maximum value of $35 million; and Skrine received a four-year, $25 million contract.
"It's just a point where you just start adding into the mix guys who can makes plays on the ball,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, you just look at the potential of how things can be," Cromartie said. "At the same time, we all have to jell together and learn how to play off each other."

"I think it's definitely going to be a bright spot for this team," Skrine said.
Comfortably under the salary cap, new general manager Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles went to work last week and addressed their defensive backs in a big way. They brought back cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, signed former Browns cornerback Buster Skrine, and added former Chargers safety Marcus Gilchrist during the first few days of the NFL's free agency period.
"When I first signed, I had heard rumors that Revis might come back," Skrine said. "I was hoping that he came back just so I could be around somebody with lots of experience and left his mark on the game and still making an amazing impact on the game today.
That had Ryan and former defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman trying to plug holes. They converted safety Antonio Allen to cornerback and started journeyman Phillip Adams, career backup Darrin Walls and undrafted free agent Marcus Williams during the season.
"We all have to come together, play together, and see where it's going to go," Skrine said during a conference call Wednesday. "But, I think we have the potential of being great."
"Just being around him is going to help me as a player."
NEW YORK (AP) — From glaring weak spot to sudden strength, the New York Jets' revamped secondary has high hopes.
Even with the presence of Revis and Cromartie, Skrine will likely get lots of regular playing time.
Now, Bowles can envision a secondary that includes Revis and Cromartie, along with Skrine in the slot,Wholesale China Jerseys, pairing with second-year safety Calvin Pryor and Gilchrist, who signed for four years, $22 million.
That's a far cry from last season,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, when then-coach Rex Ryan had to wonder nearly every week who he'd have available in his secondary. Dee Milliner,Wholesale Jerseys From China, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2013, and Dexter McDougle, a third-rounder last year, were lost early to season-ending injuries. Veteran Dimitri Patterson was released after being suspended for missing a preseason game without the team's permission.
Skrine, who spent his first four seasons with Cleveland, was the first of the free agents to sign with the Jets — before Revis and Cromartie. He said he was attracted to Bowles' penchant for using man coverage over zones, and thought his versatility — he can play cornerback, nickel and dime, and even safety — made him a perfect fit.
"It's definitely going to be a bright spot on the team," Skrine said.
Cromartie,Cheap Jerseys, who turns 31 in April, had three interceptions for the Cardinals. He said he considered re-signing with Arizona, and thought about going to Dallas before deciding to return to the Jets. His wife and family commuted to Arizona from their New Jersey home every Sunday to watch him play.
"I think the biggest thing was to prove to everybody that when I'm healthy, I can play at a very high level," Cromartie said.
Cromartie spent last season under Bowles in Arizona after New York chose to not re-sign him, partly because of some questions about his health after he dealt with a nagging hip ailment. He showed his hip was fine last season — "It's behind me" — and was selected for the Pro Bowl.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 19:49 , Processed in 0.072359 second(s), 26 queries .