2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-8 03:51:12 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
In the span of a precocious half during Pittsburgh's 19-16 win Saturday night, Shazier did more than make up for the week he lost while nursing his knee back to health. He offered proof he's ready to handle his role in what the Steelers hope is a defensive revival in 2014.
"But everything happens for a reason," Shazier said.
Shazier missed Pittsburgh's preseason opener against the New York Giants and wasn't cleared for full contact until 48 hours before facing the Bills. As impressive as he was Saturday,cheap jerseys, he insists he's still not quite himself.
The moment Chandler appeared to be open down the seam, EJ Manuel lofted a pretty spiral in Chandler's direction.
It was just the beginning. On special teams, Shazier smashed into kick returner T.J. Graham short of the Bills 20. The ensuing drive ended with Shazier's interception,China Cheap Jerseys, and on the next kickoff, Shazier dragged Graham to the turf yet again.
So much for that "boo boo" coach Mike Tomlin kept talking about,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale.
Consider it a warning. Lining up alongside Lawrence Timmons, Shazier was as relentless as advertised. Racing sideline to sideline — often blowing by Timmons on his way to the ball — Shazier's No. 50 was a black and gold blur at times.
The education will continue Thursday when the Steelers travel across the state to face Philadelphia. An encore might be difficult. That's fine. Even at age 21, he understands games like the one he enjoyed Saturday don't come around often.
On Buffalo's second play from scrimmage, he tackled running back Fred Jackson. On the next down, he pulled Chandler to the turf. A little while later, he chased Manuel out of bounds after a short gain.
Shazier's first game in an NFL uniform included 11 tackles, his graceful interception and a post-play collision that accidentally sent Buffalo rookie wide receiver Sammy Watkins to the trainer's room with bruised ribs.
"I think it's a great confidence booster," Steelers safety Troy Polamalu said.
Still, he wasn't quite perfect. Shazier slipped trying to tackle Chandler near midfield early in the second quarter. Chandler picked up 24 yards on the third-and-27 from the Pittsburgh 35, giving kicker Dan Carpenter enough room for a 53-yard field goal.
While Tomlin tried to tamp down any concerns about Shazier's knee, the former Ohio State star concedes he was more than a little concerned after he felt a twinge while tackling teammate Le'Veon Bell during practice earlier this month.
"I feel like you have to check yourself every day," he said. "The game will humble you."
Shazier needed all of two steps to close the gap on Chandler. One well-timed leap and the 15th pick in May's draft had the ball in his hands. By the time he was finally tackled more than 25 yards downfield,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the Steelers were in Buffalo territory — and any concerns about Shazier's banged-up right knee were long forgotten.
"One week I might have 11 tackles; one week I might have five," he said. "I'm just doing whatever they want me to do."
The first quarter wasn't even over. So much for jitters.

It looked like the right decision. It wasn't,Cheap Jerseys From China.
Just in case it doesn't, Shazier's teammates will fill the void for a franchise that considers defensive excellence a requirement. As easy as he made it look at times, he is well aware he's just one very raw cog in a machine that's looking to return to form after a subpar 2013.
"I wouldn't be surprised if they were testing me,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Shazier said. "But I did what I had to do."
It's that play perhaps more than the others that will stick with Shazier.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Ryan Shazier let Buffalo Bills tight end Scott Chandler sprint by him before the rookie Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker gave chase.
"I feel like it was still a difficult defense, still a lot of complicated things in it," Shazier said. "But I feel like I have a lot of great guys around me, helping me learn."
"I just got back to practice two days ago," he said. "I don't feel you can be 100 percent with that amount of practice."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 06:30 , Processed in 0.070183 second(s), 28 queries .