2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-9 13:56:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But when McCluster and Succop are lumped together with safety Bernard Pollard, defensive end Ropati Pitoitua and running back Jackie Battle, well, that's a whole lot of familiarity.
Pitoitua and Pollard, meanwhile, hardly think about their time in Kansas City. Pitoitua was only there for the Chiefs' disastrous two-win season in 2012, so it's easy to forgive him. Pollard hasn't been with the franchise since the 2008 season.
It was a rather strange reunion for McCluster and Succop, who spent last season helping the Kansas City Chiefs to the playoffs. McCluster signed with the Titans as a free agent, while Succop capped a whirlwind week in which he was waived by Kansas City by signing with Tennessee on Monday.
With Succop, quite literally.
Why so strange, though? Well, both will be back in Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
"They're doing good. They're real good men,Adidas Hockey Jerseys Cheap," Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "Glad to have them here, and you know, we're excited about kicking off the season."
"Obviously," Succop said, "I want to win."
"Unless they kick it to us," Whisenhunt said with a laugh.
Like McCluster and Succop, Battle got his start in Kansas City, spending the first five years of his career there. Headed into his eighth season, his best year came with the Chiefs when he ran for 597 yards in 2011.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The first inkling Dexter McCluster had that Ryan Succop was joining him in Tennessee came from a posting on Instagram. McCluster didn't know anything for certain until he walked into a meeting.
But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to stick it to them Sunday,Soccer Jerseys China.

"It's definitely going to be different,NFL Jerseys China," McCluster said. "I spent four years there. The atmosphere at Arrowhead is always rocking. It's going to be different on the other side. I don't think I ever saw the other locker room, ever, in my career there."
"I have some great relationships with the coaches. They wanted me, most definitely," he said, "but the business side of it, you have to go out there and show your worth. I love it here in Nashville. I still have love for that city, and I'm thankful, but right now, just a new chapter."
If that's the case, it just might be McCluster getting his hands on the ball first.
Most expected him to still be the kicker when the regular season rolled around, but Succop never distanced himself from undrafted free agent Cairo Santos. The two of them were neck-and-neck through training camp, and the fact that Succop was due much more money may have worked against him. By keeping Santos, the cash-strapped club saved well over $1 million.
Turns out that Succop never did, either.
In this modern era of free agency,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, it's not uncommon for players to face their former teams. A few members of the Chiefs have a history with Tennessee, including wide receiver Donnie Avery.
"I had a great experience in Kansas City,China Jerseys Cheap," Succop said. "I was very blessed to play there for a long time. Everyone there, from the owner to the coaches to everyone was great."
"He stood up and introduced himself," McCluster said, "and I said, 'Wow. Great to have you.'"
"It doesn't matter where we are," Pollard said simply. "It's time to play football."
He was signed by the Titans to do a number of things,Wholesale China Jerseys, whether that's running the ball out of the backfield or catching passes. But his biggest value just may be on special teams. He made the Pro Bowl as a punt returner, and his speed and shiftiness make him a dangerous kick returner.
The same goes for Succop, who spent the last five seasons in Kansas City.
Playing against them will hardly be a new experience, though. He spent the 2012 season with AFC West rival San Diego, facing the Chiefs twice. And he faced them again last season, when the Titans blew a fourth-quarter lead in a 26-17 loss at LP Field.
McCluster said the Chiefs wanted to keep him when free agency hit, but they were hamstrung by salary cap woes. When things didn't work, he insists, there were no hard feelings.
"I've walked by it a number of times but I've never actually been in it," said Succop, the most accurate kicker in Chiefs history. "That'll be an interesting deal."
Notes: Chiefs coach Andy Reid disclosed Thursday that CB Marcus Cooper (ankle) and WR De'Anthony Thomas (hamstring) had sustained injuries. Their severity was not disclosed. Neither was on the field for the 20 minutes of practice that reporters are allowed to view.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:02 , Processed in 0.075148 second(s), 26 queries .