2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-11 03:06:22 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Casey Hayward extended for a one-handed interception at the Packers' minicamp Tuesday, looking nothing like a player who had missed nearly a season to injury.
The Packers didn't get an interception from the safety position last year. McCarthy, in general, has hoped to find more impact players on defense, while also limiting injuries. Part of his solution this offseason has been an attempt to simplify the defensive schemes somewhat to get more players up to speed on covering different roles, if necessary.

Hayward didn't have an interception last year after leading NFL rookies the previous season with a team-high six picks. Getting him back full time would solidify a cornerback position led by veterans Tramon Williams and Sam Shields.
The secondary was restocked this spring with rookie safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix drafted in the first round and third-year corner Hayward back on the field after playing just three games in 2013. Coach Mike McCarthy hopes they can be key contributors in a defensive resurgence.
"Every time Case is on the field, you can feel his presence. He's a very competitive, very instinctive exceptional athlete. Ball skills — you could put him on offense," McCarthy said.
"Not really that much of a difference for me. For me, you have to always find things to work on,Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018," said Williams, entering his eighth season. "I think that's what makes guys great, when you feel like you know it all. You know exactly what's going on,Cheap NFL Jerseys, but you can still find more to do to get better."
"I'm a utility player. If a D-lineman goes out, I'm going to take that position. I'll try to put on a little bit of weight," Hyde said Tuesday. "But no, I literally, I'm a defensive back. Whatever position is needed, I'm going to try to help out and do the best I can."
The "less scheme, more personnel" plan has helped younger guys pick things up quicker, Williams said, though it hasn't changed his approach.
Hayward sure seemed OK after leaping to grab that interception Tuesday.
Micah Hyde, a fifth-round pick last year, has been getting time at safety in offseason workouts, along with Clinton-Dix, opposite returnee Morgan Burnett. A starting spot is available there after last year's starter, M.D. Jennings,Cheap Jerseys Online, left as a free agent for the NFC North rival Bears following a disappointing season.
This might be especially true for Hayward, hampered by a hamstring injury during a 2013 campaign that tested his patience.
Green Bay would like to see their young cornerback making those big plays again this fall.
He said he studied the game while sidelined and even helped then-rookies like Hyde pick things up. Hayward has described himself as being "90 percent" back this offseason from the injury,cheap nfl jerseys online, with the goal of being 100 percent once training camp starts in late July.
"We're where we need to be right now," McCarthy said. "I feel very good about our defense. We have never been this far as far as the mental consistency."
"He had time to sit back and become a student of the game in his time off. You hate for missing time doing it, but sometimes you know that's what helps you out a lot,Wholesale Football Jerseys, just sitting back and watching,NFL Jerseys Cheap," Williams said. "He's been doing that, you can see it in his game, you can see it in the meeting room."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:07 , Processed in 0.070272 second(s), 26 queries .