2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-13 18:15:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"You can be unhappy off the last performance,Cheap Jerseys 2018, and yet — look — I pay close attention to his numbers,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China," Payton said. "We wanted to look at what was available. ... Shayne, he's going to respond no different than the rest of these guys we're challenging. They'll respond."
For now, though, he's adjusting to an apparent demotion and a dose of humility.
Payton, likewise, was vague in discussing how the Saints would deploy Vaccaro against the Chicago Bears on Monday night.
Payton said that he also worked out four kickers, including former Saints place kicker Garrett Hartley, on Wednesday. The Saints have not made a change from current place kicker Shayne Graham, who was brought in to replace Hartley around the same time last season. Graham has made 18 of 20 field goal attempts this season, with both misses coming from beyond 40 yards.
"It kind of gives me new life. I've got a new cut and everything. It kind of put a reset on everything," Vaccaro said of his meeting with Payton. "When I shook his hand,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, I felt like it changed my career."
Payton also made roster moves, cutting fourth-year receiver Joe Morgan on Tuesday and promoting receiver Seantavius Jones from the practice squad.
However, one of those misses came in the Superdome on Sunday.
With the Saints still in the playoff picture but coming off a stunning 41-10 loss to Carolina,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Vaccaro said Thursday that he'd been called into a meeting with coach Sean Payton this week and told he needed to perform better.
This season, he has been in on 66 tackles, including a sack, and has two interceptions.
"Everybody knows coach is serious. We've all got to play better," Vaccaro said. "We have such a winning tradition around here that we've got to uphold. And he's made that very clear."
Vaccaro, a 2013 first-round draft choice who has started every game at strong safety this season, also said his role in the defense is changing, though he wouldn't say precisely how.
"Listen, you have a game like the one we just had, there's a ton of things (to re-evaluate), not just in his play, but in a number of guys," Payton said. "But we're going to need him to play and play well. He is going to obviously be a huge factor for us in this game."
"All this stuff's new. But I've got to be better, man. I've got to be better for the team," Vaccaro added. "They're getting the plan together. If I'm better at nickel right now, if I can help the team win at nickel, then I'm playing nickel. I don't care if it's first, second or third down. If that's what they want me to do. It looked good last year. That might be where they want me to be."

Payton spoke of a "sense of urgency" to improve "a lot of things," but declined to provide details on meetings with the team or individual players.
"He's right," Vaccaro said of his coach. "I've made too many costly mistakes this year that I've got to get corrected."
Vaccaro said he was one of "a lot of guys" who met individually with Payton, but did not name the others.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro expects to look back on this week as a turning point in his career.
Although Vaccaro was drafted as a safety, he spent his rookie season primarily covering slot receivers out of the nickel cornerback position.
Notes: Pass-rushing outside linebacker Junior Galette (knee) and starting left tackle Terron Armstead (neck) were both held out of practice on Thursday. ... Linebacker David Hawthorne (hip) and defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (ankle) were limited.
Vaccaro, wearing a fresh, close-cropped haircut, said Payton was fair in that he was both critical and encouraging,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, reminding the second-year safety that coaches still see him as a player with Pro Bowl potential, and that the goal remains to let Vaccaro work toward fulfilling that.
Still, he said his transition to strong safety this season has not gone as smoothly as he'd hoped and wouldn't be surprised if his role shifts back to more of what it was last season.
Earlier this week,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping, Payton said he would not rule out any lineup changes after the Saints not only lost for the fourth time in five games, but were not even competitive against a Panthers squad that came into the Superdome on a six-game losing streak.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 10:50 , Processed in 0.063507 second(s), 28 queries .