2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-15 03:55:44 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Roster-wise, there was no shortage of holes on offense and defense.
"In my mind, we just got Jay another dynamic weapon," Pace said. "That's what I'm excited about it. I hope right now he's fired up because we just gave him another powerful weapon. With this receiving corps, this only adds to Jay's ability to distribute the ball."
Pace brought in free agents such as linebacker Pernell McPhee and safety Antrel Rolle. But there still is plenty of work to do.
The defense remains a huge concern after getting shredded the past two years under former coordinator Mel Tucker. The Monsters of the Midway gave up the two highest point totals in franchise history during that span. Last season, only one team (Oakland) allowed more points, and the Bears joined the 1923 Rochester Jeffersons as the only teams to give up 50 or more in back-to-back games.
He started to shine when he finally got a chance to play,Wholesale Jerseys, but he did not draw much interest. White reached out to Division I coaches, and finally got a chance at West Virginia.
Pace said there were seven players the Bears were comfortable taking at No. 7 and two were available when it was Chicago's turn.
"I can tell you right now that the most excited guy in the building is Adam Gase," Pace said. "This is good,Nike NFL Jerseys China, guys. Big-play weapon for us, competitive, tough player. We couldn't be more thrilled to have him."
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Just a few years ago, Kevin White was essentially a salesman in a helmet.
The Bears selected the dynamic receiver from West Virginia with the seventh overall pick in the draft Thursday night, bringing cheers from fans gathered for the event in downtown Chicago.

"I've never had anything given to me, not even at high school or junior college," White said. "I had to earn everything. Every time I get the opportunity,Cheap Jerseys From China, I made the most of it."
Chicago also has one pick in the second and third rounds Friday (Nos. 39 and 71) along with a fourth-rounder (106), a fifth-rounder (142) and sixth-rounder (183) on Saturday.
Chicago made sweeping changes after going 5-11 last season, hiring Pace and coach John Fox to replace the fired Phil Emery and Marc Trestman. The Bears also have new offensive and defensive coordinators in Adam Gase and Vic Fangio, and they're switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense.
But he also said drafting White was an easy choice. He praised his size, hands, route running, aggression and blocking ability. He described White as a receiver who can break a tackle after a quick slant and go 99 yards for a touchdown.
It was quite a jump for someone who did not play much in high school until his senior year — too late to draw interest from major schools — and sat out two seasons at Lackawanna,Cheap NFL Jerseys China. He redshirted his first year and was then ruled ineligible for the following season because of a missed deadline involving his financial aid paperwork.
The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White played two seasons at West Virginia after transferring from Lackawanna College in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He really emerged as a senior, finishing third in the nation with 109 receptions and sixth in yards receiving with 1,447.
Now,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, he's a building piece for a founding team of the NFL.
On Thursday, there were reports that Bears were trying to trade him to Tennessee for the No. 2 pick and take Marcus Mariota.
The Bears came in needing a top receiver to team with Alshon Jeffery after trading Marshall to the New York Jets. They're hoping White will give them just that. He set a school record with seven straight 100-yard receiving games to start the season and established the West Virginia mark with 16 receptions against Texas on Nov. 8.
White joins a team facing plenty of big issues.
New general manager Ryan Pace opted to go with a play-making receiver to replace the traded Brandon Marshall rather than address a defense that has ranked among the worst in franchise history the past two years.
Quarterback is another issue, with Jay Cutler's future murky at best. He committed a league-high 24 turnovers last season and then had to wait until March before Pace and Fox announced he would be the starter next season.
"He told that story when he was here, and that is an impressive path that he took," Pace said. "And you just see this guy every year, climbing, climbing,China NFL Jerseys, climbing, and this year was just dynamic. That was impressive."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 18:13 , Processed in 0.087803 second(s), 28 queries .