10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-17 04:00:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Five persons, including a septuagenarian,Cheap Jerseys, are now homeless and counting their losses after fire of ‘yet to be determined’ origin gutted their 370 Crane Housing Scheme, West Coast Demerara, home yesterday.The two-flat concrete structure was home to 71-year-old Leon Inniss, who resided in the top flat of the building. Wilman McDonald, his wife and two children resided below.According to McDonald, who, with the assistance of neighbours,Wholesale China Jerseys, was able to save some of his household items, the fire started some time around 08:00 hours in the upper flat of the building. He recalled that he was engaged in his usual yard cleaning exercise when a neighbour to the western side of the house informed him that smoke was coming from the windows at the top flat.“Honestly speaking I don’t know what could have caused the fire because I was just cleaning up the yard and people call me and say ‘Look smoke,’” said McDonald.Aware that Inniss was not at home at the time, McDonald said that he immediately rushed up the front stairway of the house in an attempt to force open the door and extinguish the fire. His attempt was futile despite seeking assistance from some young men in the neighbourhood.The man said that he was eventually able to open a back entrance to the house but recounted that “the smoke was too much; there was thick,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, thick smoke.”By this time several persons had informed the Leonora Fire Service of the fiery ordeal in progress.A fire engine arrived some 20 minutes later.  The fire fighters had their work cut out for them and it certainly was not without some evident water limitations.Another fire engine eventually arrived but the task from all indications was no easier. The fire fighters however persevered,NFL Jerseys China, with the unreserved support of some male residents, and were eventually able to control the flames.As efforts were being made to tackle the fire some daring residents helped to save items from McDonald’s home.But when Inniss, the lone occupant of the upper flat, arrived on the scene his home was already gutted. The man told this publication that he left home around 06:40 hours as he had an appointment with the United States Embassy.“I didn’t know that the house was on fire…I now come home and seeing this,” said the evidently distraught man as he ambled around with the aid of a cane.According to Inniss, he has been living at the house,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic, which is owned by his nephew, for several years. He is adamant that he did nothing that could have resulted in the fire. “I didn’t leave anything on…and I don’t know about any electrical problems,” the man asserted yesterday.He, like McDonald, is estimating his losses to be in the millions of dollars. The elderly gentleman is also clueless as to where he will be accommodated. “I don’t know where I will go,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,” he lamented.McDonald too had no answer when asked about his next move. According to the man he has been renting his now destroyed home for close to four years.Yesterday, too, fire fighters were called into action to battle yet another fire at Zeelugt, West Coast Demerara, which left a house completely destroyed.Reports out of the Fire Service suggest that investigations are ongoing to ascertain the origin of that fire too.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 12:25 , Processed in 0.070837 second(s), 26 queries .