主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-1-17 11:42:10 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — As if the Oakland Raiders' defensive problems weren't bad enough,Cheap Jerseys, another injury will force them to use a third-stringer at strong safety.
NOTES: Sparano had no update on the status of DE Justin Tuck (left knee) and FB Marcel Reece (quad),Cheap Jerseys, who missed Sunday's game with injuries. ... Sparano also said DE LaMarr Woodley was limited in the game by an undisclosed injury.
For the season,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, opposing quarterbacks have completed 44 of 56 passes on third downs for 499 yards, eight touchdowns, no interceptions and a 143.4 passer rating.
Interim coach Tony Sparano plans to deal with these woes by placing more emphasis on third downs in practice Wednesday, so the players have more time to digest the fixes. The Raiders typically work on base situations Wednesday, third downs on Thursday and red zone on Friday.
Woodson has been one of the few bright spots on the defense this season, intercepting his second pass of the season Sunday and making big stops all over the field.
Ross will be counted on to help the Raiders reverse their struggles on third-down defense. Oakland has allowed opponents to convert 52.9 percent of third-down tries, a mark that would be the highest ever recorded for an entire season.
Usama Young left Sunday's 24-13 loss to Arizona with a significant injury to his left knee. He underwent an MRI on Monday and ESPN reported that he has a torn ACL and MCL in the knee and will miss the rest of the season,Cheap China Jerseys.
"We're for the most part able to play good football on the early downs but for whatever reason,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, man, third downs, I don't know if there's a lack of focus or what it is on third downs but it is definitely our Achilles' heel right now," safety Charles Woodson said.
The Raiders are already dealing with a season-ending concussion for middle linebacker Nick Roach and now have more issues in the middle of their defense.

Now the rest of the defense needs to play as well as the 38-year-old Woodson.
"One of the things that I need to do is stop and look and say, 'OK, this is a problem we've identified. How do we get more at-bats here? How do we get more information to the players? More corrections to the players earlier in the week so they have more time to digest that,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap,'" Sparano said. "Because that's really where the moving parts are."
"He's flying over piles, diving into piles and he's not taking anything for granted," Ross said. "He's chopping guys at the knees. He's like almost 100 and he's doing it. If he can do it at this age why can't I."
With starter Tyvon Branch already out for the season with a broken foot, the Raiders (0-6) once again are forced to turn back to Brandian Ross, who struggled in that role last year after Branch got hurt.
"Last year I played a lot of different positions and I was asked to do some things that I wasn't accustomed to doing," Ross said Monday. "My body wasn't ready for it mentally. It was tough. This year I'm doing less and it's very simple for me."
The problems were particularly costly against the Cardinals, who converted 9 of 15 third-down tries on Sunday. Those plays included Arizona's first two touchdowns and a pair of third-and-8 conversions on a clock-draining drive that led to a late field goal that put the game out of reach.
Ross was released after training camp this summer and signed with Miami before returning to Oakland late last month. After spending time preparing at cornerback and safety in 2013, he feels more prepared to step in as a strong safety this season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:14 , Processed in 0.084142 second(s), 25 queries .