積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-17 23:09:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Some things to know from the Panthers' win over the Texans:
NEWTON RUNS: The rushing touchdown was the 34th of Newton's career, tying him with Daunte Culpepper (1999-2009) for the ninth most all-time by a quarterback, according to STATS.
There were a few more on Sunday, but Newton keeps on firing their way.
KUECHLY MISSES FIRST GAME: Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly was inactive with a concussion, missing the first game of his career. The missed start broke a string of 49 consecutive regular season starts by Kuechly, dating to the start of his rookie season in 2012. Coach Ron Rivera said he will be reevaluated this week.
Ginn dropped a pass early in the game — his third already this season — before making up for it with a TD catch.
"The truth of the matter is that we have to do our job," Newton said. "My confidence wasn't shattered in giving opportunities to guys that are doing what they're supposed to be doing. I am supposed to throw them the football and they are supposed to catch it. They are professional athletes and that is what we get paid to do."
"After I make a bad play I just want to do everything to try and make a play,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China," Ginn said. "Being on this team and having the type of brothers that you have here, we never give up on each other and as long as we go out and continue to play and show that we're open,NFL Jerseys China, Cam is going to try to get us the ball."
HOPKINS HELD IN CHECK: DeAndre Hopkins had 98 yards receiving and two TDs in Houston's loss to Kansas City in Week 1,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, but was pretty much held in check by Carolina's Josh Norman on Sunday. Hopkins was targeted 11 times and caught just five passes for 53 yards. The Panthers believe Norman has the potential to be a shutdown cornerback. He's proving to be just that in his contract year.
Brown struggled the most in the preseason, but hasn't dropped a pass in the regular season.
He seemed to regain his swagger when he leaped and grabbed a pass with a defender draped over him in the end zone to put Carolina up 24-10 midway through the fourth quarter.
That trust has paid off,Wholesale Jerseys China.
ADAMS GOES DOWN: Texans right tackle Jeff Adams was carted off the field with his right leg in an air brace. Texans coach Bill O'Brien wouldn't disclose the nature of the injury, but said he expects Adams to be out quite a while. He could be replaced by rookie Kendall Lamm, who saw action at right tackle on Sunday.
CHARLOTTE,Wholesale China Jerseys, N.C. (AP) — Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said he's never lost faith in his wide receivers despite the drops that have plagued the unit since the middle of the preseason.
MALLETT GETS START: Ryan Mallett started for Brian Hoyer and threw 58 times, completing 27 for 244 yards with one touchdown. He also ran for a score. But the troubling aspect of Mallett's day was a slow start and a fourth quarter interception that led to Brown's touchdown and a 14-point deficit.
"I thought he played a tough game," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "It's a good defense that he went against. There were times where he really did a good job, and there was some things,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, like all of us, that he can improve on but I think he hung in there. He was resilient. He tried to bring us back there at the end we just were a play short there."
That leaves the Panthers 2-0 without star wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who is out for the season with a torn ACL.

Newton connecting on TD passes of 25 yards to Ted Ginn Jr. and 36 yards to Philly Brown to lift the Panthers to a 24-17 victory over the Houston Texans. Newton also ran for one score, somersaulting into the end zone on a 2-yard run — one that will surely be replayed on highlight reels all week.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 03:20 , Processed in 0.063119 second(s), 26 queries .