2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-19 21:05:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Rich certainly has my support," Blank said. "He was a valued member of the committee over 22 years. We've dealt with (the crowd noise issue). An unfortunate set of circumstances, one of which we probably could have avoided — hence the penalty, and we didn't appeal it — but we felt it was proper."
Blank gave Quinn, who helped Seattle win a Super Bowl and an NFC title, the final say in football operations and hired New England and Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli to work under Thomas Dimitroff, the Falcons' GM since 2008.
But Blank is confident that Jones "will remain a Falcon for life." The team has been negotiating with Jones' agent, Jimmy Sexton, for the past few weeks.
Attempting to keep the momentum constant, Blank gave contract extensions to Smith and his staff, but the team fell flat with a 10-22 record over the past two years, and everything changed.
Notes: Quinn said WR Devin Hester was held out of practice with a minor toe injury and should return early in the week. ... FS Charles Godfrey was back on the field after getting cut on his forehead and nose in Friday night's practice. ... OLB Brooks Reed is expected to return soon from a strained hip. ... There's still no immediate timetable for RBs Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman,Wholesale China Jerseys, each of whom has a hamstring injury. Neither will play in Friday's preseason home opener against Tennessee.
And the team is expected to reap impressive revenues when it moves to a new $1,Jerseys NFL Wholesale.4 billion retractable roof stadium in two years.
Since purchasing the franchise for $545 million in February 2002, Blank has watched the Falcons' value more than double.
He longs to see the Falcons win a Super Bowl. They nearly made it to the big game in Smith's fifth season, but ended 10 yards shy against San Francisco.
"I certainly will say that I'm happy with the results since 2002," Blank said Sunday in an interview with The Associated Press.
Team president and CEO Rich McKay, Blank's second-in-command since December 2003, continues to oversee new stadium talks and hopes to be reinstated as chairman of the powerful NFL competition committee when he meets in the next few weeks with commissioner Roger Goodell.
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Owner Arthur Blank is not exactly disappointed with the financial state of the Atlanta Falcons.
"Obviously he's been great to me since I've been here," Ryan told The AP. "The impact he makes in the community is huge, and he's great role model for philanthropy,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, but the bottom line is Arthur Blank wants to win. That's what you love as a player more than anything else."

"We know if we do things right and make the right decisions for our fans, our stakeholders and everyone connected to our team and the NFL,Cheap NHL Jerseys China, that we'll get the good financial results. But our decisions aren't driven by the numbers. We base almost everything on doing what it takes to win."
The Falcons' performance on the field is another matter.
With the team 10 days into training camp, Blank says he has shaken off the aftereffects of having to fire Mike Smith, the franchise's career-winningest coach, in January. Former Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is Blank's fifth head coach, and the owner hopes his last.
The league suspended McKay from his post in March when Atlanta was fined $350,000 and made to forfeit a fifth-round draft pick for piping in fake crowd noise at the Georgia Dome.
"Coach Smith was clearly the best coach in the history of our franchise,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," Blank said. "Five winning seasons in a row and we'd never had two when I bought the team. I think he did a really good job. I think it was time for a change after a couple of very disappointing years, and I think he probably felt that way as well. We're in a good place now. We love coach Quinn. We love his attitude and enthusiasm."
Blank's next order of business is getting star receiver Julio Jones signed to a new contract. Jones, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, is entering the last season of a five-year rookie deal. He likely will command at least $40 million guaranteed.
"There is no reason to think anything other than that," Blank said. "I would be shocked and disappointed otherwise. We love the player, we love the person. We'll dealing with a responsible, good agent, so I think we're in a good place."
Quarterback Matt Ryan, whom the Falcons signed to a new contract with $59 million guaranteed two years ago, says Blank's long-term commitment pushes players to succeed.
During Blank's tenure, Atlanta has played in two NFC title games with six playoff appearances and two division titles. Though the team had a pitiful .394 winning percentage before he took charge and .531 percentage since,NFL Jerseys From China, Blank is hardly satisfied.
"Well, it's been very emotional, for sure," Blank said. "I think our franchise has made huge strides forward since (2002) and I think our stadium will be another step in that direction, but on the field we'll be measured by championships.?"
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 17:27 , Processed in 0.064260 second(s), 26 queries .