2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-20 02:17:56 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"The better you compete, the better you get. People don't get complacent. They study harder. They work harder on the practice field. So I want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to play," Zimmer said.

"I don't have a starter in mind yet. They're going to determine who the starter is on the practice field, how they go about their business, how they perform in the preseason games," Zimmer said.
Bridgewater has quickly learned the art of noncontroversial, selfless expression in interviews since he was drafted, sounding a lot like the 10th-year veteran that Cassel is. Bridgewater said he's not focused on the competition for the job, but rather grateful for the acceptance Cassel and Ponder have shown him.
Players joked about believing new coach Mike Zimmer had plotted some kind of sadistic test of their mental toughness. Perhaps it was an ominous sign of an uneven season ahead.
Cassel watched Christian Ponder and Josh Freeman start in front of him several times last year despite outperforming them until finally taking over for good down the stretch of a lost season, so he's well aware of the fleeting nature of a starting spot.
Or maybe this was merely another reminder of the urgency this team has in needing to settle on a quarterback, after a decade of chaos at the sport's most important position.
"We had high expectations for him coming in, and he's either met or exceeded those," quarterbacks coach Scott Turner said.
Cassel spoke of Bridgewater's quiet nature and good-naturedly commended the rookie for fetching him a sports drink on Friday. Left tackle Matt Kalil joked that Bridgewater looked like "a little 14-year-old kid" upon meeting him for the first time a few months ago,NFL Jerseys Wholesale.
Whenever Bridgewater starts his first game, whether this year or next, he'll be the 13th quarterback to do so for the Vikings since 2005. That's the context behind Zimmer's pledge that he's unafraid to send a rookie in right away. That's also why, in this never-rule-anything-out league, Zimmer has made sure to include Ponder in his public evaluation of the position.
But that's now. Later could be different,Wholesale NFL Jerseys.
"I still have to earn this thing. There is no easy road about it," he said.
"Great guy. Works hard out there. Really smart. I'm excited to see what he does," Kalil said.
Since Daunte Culpepper's stellar 2004 season, the Vikings have had all kinds of chaos at quarterback. Culpepper wrecked his knee the next year,NFL Jerseys Cheap, and since then only Brett Favre in 2009 and Ponder in 2012 have started all 16 games.
Cassel was re-signed to be the bridge to Bridgewater and started the first full practice Friday with the first team.
"It's not a secret. The quarterback position really hasn't played well, but that's why you bring guys in," running back Adrian Peterson said.
The carousel has spun often during Peterson's career, and his age, 29, makes consistent production at the position that much more critical this year.
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — The first day of Minnesota Vikings training camp started early, with a 1:30 a.m. fire alarm that turned out to be false but sent everyone sleepily streaming out of their dorm rooms.
Like Teddy Bridgewater,NFL Jerseys Outlet, the first-round draft pick from Louisville who became the latest attempt by one of the NFL's most star-crossed franchises to establish that elusive stability at quarterback.
As is everyone else.
Ponder was up and down enough that he never seemed to have a firm hold on the job. Favre refused to even commit to playing until training camp was over in both of his two seasons with the team,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping.
Such modesty aside, the Vikings have raved about his demeanor and progress since the draft.
"I have to compete with myself first. That will make me a better player. Then I can compete with the guys in the room. That will make the team better,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Bridgewater said.
First, Zimmer must make his first big decision: whether Bridgewater or incumbent Matt Cassel will be behind center for the season opener.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 07:17 , Processed in 0.076895 second(s), 26 queries .