2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-20 15:10:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Those stats, as mediocre as they are, were padded by series against the Redskins' backups. In the first quarter — when Washington's starters were in the game — Manziel was 2 for 7 for 29 yards, while Hoyer was 0 for 2.

The Redskins don't have a quarterback competition, but their former Heisman winner — Robert Griffin III — also needs some work to get to regular-season form. He finished 6 for 8 for 112 yards, including an off-balance throw that was picked off by Haden.
Designed QB runs are being marginalized under new Redskins coach Jay Gruden, but Griffin was nevertheless hit hard several times as he scrambled four times for 24 yards and earned a thigh bruise along the way.
Meanwhile, Pettine needs to pick a quarterback. The performances were so unspectacular that the coach suggested he might audible from his previously stated plan of announcing his regular-season starter on Tuesday.
Notes: Browns WR Travis Benjamin left with a rib injury. ... At least the game had an exciting ending,Discount NFL Jerseys. Connor Shaw hit Emmanuel Ogbuehi on a 45-yard Hail Mary as time expired,holesale Soccer Jerseys. The Browns' 2-point conversion attempt failed,Wholesale Jerseys China.
"All the options are still on the table," Pettine said.
"I just can't throw it late," Griffin said. "And if I do,Cheap Anaheim Ducks Hoodies, it has to be a humdinger — and it wasn't a humdinger. I kind of floated it out there."
LANDOVER, Md. (AP) — Johnny Manziel raised his middle finger toward the Washington Redskins bench as he returned to the huddle late in the third quarter. It was one of the few times a Cleveland Browns quarterback actually found his intended target.
Manziel called the moment a "lapse of judgment." Teammate Joe Haden said opposition fans and players were giving "Johnny Football" plenty of unprintable verbal grief for the second straight week. Manziel was openly mocked by Brian Orakpo when the Redskins linebacker raised both hands and performed the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner's "money" gesture after a sack by Ryan Kerrigan in the first quarter.
"I get words exchanged throughout the entirety of the game, every game, week after week, and I should've been smarter," Manziel said. "It was a 'Monday Night Football' game and cameras were probably solid on me, and I just need to be smarter about that. ... It's there, and it's present every game, and I just need to let it slide off my back and go to the next play."
The sloppy game included 21 penalties and five turnovers. The Browns were particularly susceptible to the NFL's new emphasis on hindering receivers: Cleveland's defense was whistled five times for holding or illegal contact in the first quarter alone, including twice on one play.
"They both missed some throws," Pettine said.
If the choice is based solely on numbers, there's not much either Manziel or Brian Hoyer did to show he deserves the job. If it's based on composure, the hot-shot rookie's obscene gesture lost him some ground to the nondescript sixth-year veteran.
Manziel, the No. 22 overall pick in the draft,NFL Jerseys Supply, was 7 for 16 for 65 yards and a touchdown. Of his series early in the game, he said: "I really tried to force everything and not let it fly like I should have. I need to get better at that and throw the dang ball."
If there's any hint as to which way Pettine is leaning, it's worth noting that Hoyer started for the second consecutive game and played mostly with the first-team offense, while Manziel was sent out with the backups to play in the second half. Manziel took advantage by leading a 16-play, 68-yard drive capped by an 8-yard pass to Dion Lewis for Cleveland's first touchdown.
"It does not sit well," Pettine said. "It's disappointing, because what we talk about is being poised and being focused. ... That's a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback."
Manziel's latest hand gesture was one of many lowlights for the Browns in a 24-23 Monday night loss that did little to make coach Mike Pettine's decision any easier when it comes to selecting a Week 1 starter.
Hoyer started Monday night and completed 2 of 6 passes for 16 yards. His self-assessment: "It probably couldn't have been any worse. It's disappointing,NFL Jerseys Supply. It was embarrassing."
"It's nothing to worry about," Griffin said. "I know anything that happens with me — or quarterbacks in general — guys get a little worried."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 20:37 , Processed in 0.074543 second(s), 28 queries .