2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-20 18:49:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Football has done too much good for me to worry about the bad," Bailey said.
Peyton Manning paid him the ultimate compliment, saying Bailey, in addition to being a shutdown cornerback,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, had "as good of hands as any top-flight receiver in the NFL."
"I need my feet," Bailey said afterward. "It's like a quarterback and his arm."
Bailey thanked the Washington Redskins and Charley Casserly for drafting him with the seventh overall pick in 1999 and Mike Shanahan and the Broncos for bringing him to Denver in the 2004 trade for Clinton Portis,Wholesale Jerseys China.
He said he doesn't waste his time thinking about what might have been had he not gotten hurt last year.
Bailey said his 100-yard interception return that saddled Tom Brady with his first career playoff loss in 2005 was among his career highlights. So was playing the 2008 season with his brother,Cheap Jerseys, Boss.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Champ Bailey said goodbye to the NFL on Tuesday after signing a ceremonial one-day contract with his beloved Denver Broncos.
Bailey said his foot no longer aches with every step — unless he runs a lot.
"One of the things that made him so good was his ability to match up on so many different types of receivers," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "He could handle speed guys, he could handle size guys. He could match up on tight ends. ... It didn't really matter who he was on, he had a way to match up with them."
"We needed a pillar to build around,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Elway said. "And Champ was that guy."
Bailey took many a young player under his wing,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, from cornerbacks like Chris Harris Jr. — whom he said is "playing better than anybody in this league right now" — to receivers like Demaryius Thomas.
Bailey's last NFL season was a bittersweet one. He missed 11 games last year with the Lisfranc sprain before returning to action down the stretch. His performance in the AFC championship game finally got him to a Super Bowl, which proved both the apex and nadir of his 15-year career.
When Elway returned to the Broncos in 2011, his first order of business was signing Bailey to an extension that former coach Josh McDaniels had pulled off the table.
In addition to John Elway, John Fox and Joe Ellis, dozens of current players joined former teammates including John Lynch, Brian Dawkins and Jake Plummer in celebrating Bailey's unparalleled career that ended because of a left foot injury.
"I was a corner,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Bailey said, "and everybody looked at me as a corner."
His versatility befuddled opponents.
"I never thought this day would come," he said. "Just like all NFL athletes don't think it's going to end, I'm one of those guys. Reality hits. It's here."
Bailey retired at age 36 with a cornerback-record dozen Pro Bowl selections, more interceptions (52) than any active player and no regrets.
"Until my last snap I tried to be the best on the field," Bailey said. "We all get old in this game."
One of the greatest ever.
Oakland's Charles Woodson said he was certain Bailey could have morphed into a safety as he himself had done. But Bailey was never asked to do that and his foot injury ended any thoughts of that transition.
"Regardless of what happened after that, that moment was special for me and I'll never forget it," he said. "The biggest game you can play on your own field. Hopefully, this year they don't come up short — I would say 'we' because I feel like I'm still a part of this. I hope WE don't come up short this year."
That's why he didn't make the cut for the first time in his life this summer, released by the New Orleans Saints in August. He had some tryouts after that but he knew his time was up.
Bailey wants to stay in football, maybe do some broadcasting. For now, he's just catching up on missed family time, playing fantasy football and enjoying waking up without being stiff and sore.
Yet, Bailey said hoisting the Lamar Hunt trophy was special even though he never got his hands on the Lombardi trophy.
"He just made you want to be a better player every day," Plummer said. "And you really couldn't help it. If you came out there soft, he'd expose all your weaknesses on the field."

Plummer called Bailey the ultimate teammate.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 15:15 , Processed in 0.073034 second(s), 28 queries .