2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-20 23:06:55 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Moore is swifter, stronger, savvier now.
Moore initially thought he'd be back for the playoffs last season. But his dream of playing in the Super Bowl was scuttled when he needed a second surgery to remove dying tissue. He actually was relieved, he said,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, "because if I wasn't at my best I was afraid I was going to lose the game for us again."
Instead, he watched from the sideline as the Broncos were shellacked by the Seahawks.
It's been a year since the strange sensation that his leg was in an ever-tightening vice sent him to the hospital in the middle of the night asking for pain pills. Only when he awoke from emergency surgery did he understand his quick thinking had saved his limb and maybe even his life.
He walked to the base and looked up. He took one last deep breath.
Many things silhouette a man's life, from the choices he makes to the journey he takes, and some of the things have come to define Moore are these: sidestepping the tough streets of L.A., overcoming the playoff gaffe and cresting the steep hill.
"For him to mend mentally and physically and get back like this is pretty remarkable," coach John Fox said.
"Maybe just like tons of tears every day, tons of disappointment," Moore said. "Because I love football, man. It saved my life."
"It's weird because he does move around very well and then he'll be putting on his socks and I'll see the scar and it's like, 'Oh yeah, that's right, you went through that, didn't you?'" teammate David Bruton said. "But it's not anything that you can notice at all on the field."
An hour later,Wholesale Jerseys From China, driving home, Moore reveled in the warm breeze, the sunny skies, that quietude that had drawn him to Florida after growing up dodging the danger of L.A.'s inner-city neighborhoods before attending UCLA.
"I got up the hill faster than I did the year before when I was healthy," Moore marveled. "It was remarkable. I will never forget that."
So, Moore limbered up.
"I don't think about it a lot," he said. "The only time I think about it is maybe before a game, when I'm suiting up. I go through this ritual where I Vaseline my legs up and I always make sure I get that side so it won't be so ashy. It reminds me of when I couldn't play a year ago when I couldn't even walk. It reminds me of how blessed I am."
He cringes now when thinking about what if didn't make it up the hill that day.
"They sliced open my calf and took my muscles out and thank God they were still pink,Cheap Jerseys Paypal," Moore said, "because if they were brown like spoiled meat,Cheap Jerseys From China, they would have had to cut my leg off."
"It did it over and over," Moore said. "I did it like 10 times. So, I said my shape is there, too. Let me turn around and backpedal. So, I turned around and backpedaled, got up there with no problem. And mind you, I had a football in my hand."
"I just love my peace of mind there, my tranquility. I don't really know many people out there. I just know the guy that I train with, a few cats around the league. But I'm really out there by myself and I'm just relaxing," Moore said. "I'm getting closer to God. I'm visiting zoos and petting snow leopards. I'm training on a beach. I'm just really getting that time that I never really had a chance growing up.
"Go!"
DENVER (AP) — Before every game, Broncos safety Rahim Moore rolls down his socks to oil the 13-inch scar that serpentines down his left calf.
He found a steep, 150-foot hill. "I'm talking about after one rep, your legs are shot," he said. "It's like straight up."
In the playoffs the year before, Moore surrendered Jacoby Jones' 70-yard TD catch in the final minute of regulation, leading to Denver's loss to Baltimore in double overtime.
By every measure, the fourth-year safety has returned a better player this season after doubling down on his film study while rehabbing from the rare muscle condition called acute lateral compartment syndrome.
"Hallelujah!" Moore yelled. "I'm back!"
He ran back down and raced back up again.
As he sat in the hallway outside the locker room a day after the 1-year anniversary of his freak injury, Moore rubbed the smooth scar on his calf.
Two days later, he was in Davie,Wholesale Football Jerseys, Florida, driving to a park near his home to see where his life was headed.
He told himself if he could crest that hill on this day, his NFL career would go on. If not, he'd retire.
"I didn't want to be in that situation again," Moore said. "I feel like I lost the game for us versus the Ravens. And I didn't want to come back and I'm not 100 percent and I lose the Super Bowl for us."

All at once, he found himself standing at the top.
Moore wouldn't realize until after watching the Super Bowl from the sideline that seeking medical attention right away also saved his NFL career.
Had he waited until daylight to get to the hospital, he might have left there in a body bag.
"It's the peace and being able to walk outside and hang out on my porch or my patio. We couldn't do that growing up. I lived in some tough neighborhoods. We couldn't hang outside. It was always, 'Don't go down this road,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys,' or 'Don't go down this street.'"
Suddenly, everything was a blur, his world speeding past, pebbles skittering from his soles in tiny avalanches behind him. His lungs seared, the wind whipped his face.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 22:08 , Processed in 0.074702 second(s), 28 queries .