2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-21 22:16:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Cardinals (1-2) got their lone touchdown on a 30-yard pass from backup Drew Stanton to rookie John Brown, who stretched out for a diving grab in the end zone with 1:29 left in the third quarter, tying it at 13-13.
Because it was a preseason game, though, there wasn't much talk of confidence evaporating.
Arizona coach Bruce Arians said it was a miscommunication between Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald.
"We had a number of things that were just off," Palmer said, "from overthrows to missed opportunities, some funky things that happened on a couple of routes and some drops."
On the Cardinals' second possession, it was third-and-7 from the Arizona 40 when Palmer fired a pass intended for Fitzgerald. But the errant throw went right to Newman, who evaded a couple of early would-be tacklers and outran everyone else to the end zone.
Mike Nugent added field goals of 48 and 36 yards for Cincinnati (1-2).
"We kind of gave it to a pretty good football team," Arians said,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, lamenting the missed opportunities, "and you just can't do that, especially at home."
Jay Feely, competing with rookie Chandler Catanzaro for the Cardinals' kicking job, made a 24-yarder but missed from 48 yards. Catanzaro made a 23-yard attempt.
There wasn't much evidence of that in their 19-13 preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday night.
The Bengals' Andy Dalton completed 13 of 21 passes for 183 yards. Palmer was 7 of 19 for 92 yards. Larry Fitzgerald caught five of Palmer's throws for 71 yards.

Bengals owner Mike Brown was taken to a Phoenix hospital before the game for what was termed a "minor" health problem. The team said he was to return to Cincinnati and did not attend the game.
Palmer was facing the team he was with for the first eight years of his NFL career before an acrimonious split sent him to Oakland. Dalton replaced Palmer as a rookie in 2011.
"'That's what it is in the quarterback's world,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale," Arians said.
But it will look like Palmer's mistake.
Bengals cornerback Leon Hall said "it means something to me,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, for emotional reasons I guess" to hold Palmer, his former teammate, without a touchdown.
Terrance Newman returned Palmer's interception 54 yards in the first quarter for Cincinnati's only touchdown.
Fitzgerald blamed himself.
Cincinnati backup Quinn Sharp kicked field goals of 34 and 51 yards after that for the deciding margin.
"But really," Hall said, "I'd feel almost the same way regardless who we were playing. This was what they call a rehearsal game. ... This builds some momentum for (the opener against) Baltimore."
Statistically, at least, the Bengals' starters had the advantage, outgaining Arizona 198-141 in the first half.
"He pretty much threw it right to me," Newman said. "It wasn't like I did anything, just an errant throw on his part."
"I have all the confidence in the world in our offense and our entire team," Palmer said. "It's unfortunate. We wanted to play better. ... We'll take the good and beached on the bad and we'll move on and be ready to roll in two weeks."
"I didn't break across the corner's face and I've got to do that," he said,Cheap Jerseys, adding that he can't let the quarterback "hang out to dry."
Both teams played their starters the entire first half.
Cincinnati inside linebacker Vontaze Burfict left the game in the first quarter with a hamstring injury,NFL Jerseys China.
The Arizona starters' biggest offensive threat came on their first possession of the second quarter. The defense forced the Bengals to punt from their 6-yard line, giving the Cardinals good field position at the Cincinnati 41.
NOTES: Cincinnati DT Geno Atkins played two series, his first game action since tearing an ACL and missing the last seven games a year ago. ... Bengals rookie guard Trey Hopkins was carted off the field in the fourth quarter with a right shin injury. Moments later,wholesale jerseys, wide receiver James Wright left via cart with a concussion. Guard T.J. Johnson became the third Bengal carted off the field in the fourth quarter. ... Arizona was without starting inside linebacker Kevin Minter (pectoral muscle) and guard Jonathan Cooper (toe).
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Carson Palmer says the offense needs to be the "backbone" of the Arizona Cardinals.
"On defense, we had some negative plays," Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said, 'but overall the effort — and of course the point total — was what you are looking for."
It was that kind of night for the Arizona offense against a Bengals' defense that ranked second in the NFL last season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 08:15 , Processed in 0.064080 second(s), 26 queries .