主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-1-22 00:31:08 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"At the moment I saw the flag, I said, 'OK, next play,'" said the son of former NBA star David Robinson.
Robinson stops short when asked whether he might be the only 6-5 college athlete who can't beat his father in basketball.
The 6-foot-5, 215 pound sophomore from San Antonio, Texas, could provide matchup problems when the sixth-ranked Irish (6-1) face Navy (4-4) at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, on Saturday. Navy, the alma mater of Robinson's father, has only one starter in its secondary taller than 6-feet.
"There's not a club or anything," he said. "For us it's like having a regular dad. Because a lot of people see it as, 'David Robinson, that must be crazy.' But that's the only dad that I've known. It's just dad to me."
Quarterback Everett Golson says "He'll kind of make a move on you and kind of embarrass you, but then he'll come back and pat you on your back and say, 'Good job.'"
Now he's 25 pounds heavier and success has made him more confident. Irish coaches like how he's mild-mannered off the field and fiercely competitive on it,Cheap Jerseys Supply.
"I wasn't very strong mentally or physically," Robinson said. "Sometimes in big moments,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, I broke down a little bit."
"That's just Corey Robinson's personality," Denbrock said.
Fighting Irish coaches say Robinson's cool demeanor and work ethic is helping him grow into a big-play receiver. He's second on the team with 27 catches for 539 yards and four touchdowns. He had two touchdown catches against Florida State and a key catch for a 20-yard gain on fourth-and-18 that kept alive the drive that gave Notre Dame a chance to win.
He has a simple answer for those who ask why he chose football over basketball.
Offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock pointed out how Robinson got into a tussle with a Florida State defender and then tapped the player on the shoulder pads afterward to compliment him.
The knock on Robinson as a freshman was opponents could knock him around.
Robinson said the players occasionally talk about it.
SOUTH BEND,Cheap Jerseys, Ind. (AP) — Notre Dame receiver Corey Robinson didn't dwell on his potential game-winning touchdown against Florida State being taken away by a controversial penalty.
"There are no individuals trying to be above everyone else. That's one of the cool things this team has this year," he said. "We want to help each other be successful. Because we know as a team if we do well,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, individuals will have success. That's one of the things I learned from the Spurs."
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly describes Robinson as a solid player to coach,Cheap China Jerseys.
Robinson said this Irish team reminds him of the San Antonio Spurs teams his father played for a few decades ago,Cheap Jerseys.
"I didn't have a choice. I didn't have any offers for basketball," he said.
"Whoa, whoa. He's aging," Robinson said.
"It's fun as a coach and teacher when you get somebody that in so many ways is learning every day that he steps on the practice field," Kelly said.
Robinson once dreamed of following in his father's footsteps and attending the Naval Academy. He began rethinking that option when he got football scholarship offers.
Robinson is one of more than a half dozen players on the Irish with famous fathers. They include receiver Torii Hunter Jr., whose father plays for the Detroit Tigers; Austin Collinsworth, son of former Cincinnati wide receiver and current NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth; Conor Hanratty, whose father, Terry, was a quarterback for Notre Dame and the Pittsburgh Steelers; cornerback Josh Atkinson, whose father George Atkinson Jr. was an Oakland Raiders defensive back; and walk-on cornerback Jesse Bongiovi, whose father is singer Jon Bon Jovi.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:57 , Processed in 0.071256 second(s), 23 queries .