9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-26 11:57:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Niclas Müller-Hansen of Sweden's Metalshrine recently conducted an interview with vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of veteran New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.Metalshrine: How long did you work on [the new OVERKILL album, "The Electric Age"]?Blitz: You know,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, we're always working on stuff. We're very blue-collar. Nobody sits down and pines over how we're not being treated like pampered superstars. We're happy with our tools on and off. D.D. [Verni, bass] collects the riffs and I think if you're a riff collector, you never let one go by. I mean, the guy's always has some kinda recording device on him and he's either always humming into it or playing acoustic guitar into it or collecting a riff at a soundcheck or on the bus. That started as soon as "Ironbound" was released and we were on the road, he started collecting these things, but the actual assembly started in June 2011. That's when the demos started happening. Songs started developing from riffs into full songs, so from a period of June 2011 until we delivered in January 2012, this was the assembly process.Metalshrine: How do you usually write songs? Is it mainly you and D.D.?Blitz: Primarily. He starts them and I finish them. It goes through a metamorphosis at the center. You know, Dave Linsk is the longest-standing guitar player in this band and he's got great input. He's got almost the exact studio as D.D. has, in Florida. So D.D. is in Jersey and Dave's in Florida and they can exchange ideas via web, Wave files, but we also have to be in that room, I think. We're a combination of what was and what is. What was is,Cheap NFL Jerseys From China, in a room I remember a boom box and somebody hitting record and the tape started rolling and that's how we started getting ideas. Now it's a little bit more advanced than that, but we have to be able to be in that room and sweat. But then afterwards we use that technology to trade ideas back and forth. I have a small home studio where I download the idea to my computer and boom, it's off to these two guys. I think we're a good balance between old and new.Metalshrine: I know you also shot a video recently. I'm thinking,Cheap Jerseys USA, videos these days gotta be mainly for YouTube, right? There are no other channels for it.Blitz: Absolutely! But isn't that what we talked about earlier with regard how bands write songs these days? It's really all about the Internet,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, isn't it. I'm sitting here thinking to myself some days, "I don't need cable TV or satellite. I can watch what I wanna watch on the Internet and then I can at least choose to do so." I think that's what it's about is that people can now choose to watch it when they want to watch it. It becomes even a more personal type of promotion with these videos because it's not jammed down your throat with regard to advertising. You actually have to log on or go to that site if I wanna see OVERKILL's "Electric Rattlesnake" to see what they came up with. I think it's a unique time right now when it comes to video and probably much more personal than it's been in the past. It's about choice.Metalshrine: I read that you're not an Obama fan. What do you think about the U.S. election?Blitz: It's unique. I can't say I'm not a fan. I mean, I never rooted for the guy to do not well. You want them to do well regardless of what they're political affiliation is. We also talked about me working for myself for a 20-year period of time and also my father. My father sat me down when I was about 17 and he goes, "You're gonna be able to vote next year." And he said to me,Cheap NFL Jerseys, "I work for myself and it makes me a Republican. They want smaller government and they wanna take less of your money. If you're not like so,Cheap Jerseys China, you probably wanna be a Democrat." As time went on,Cheap Jerseys From China, I started working for myself and saw that. I really have a distinct view of what Republicans and Democrats are and I'm really a blend of both. Obviously,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, I wanna help people and I don't wanna see people do bad. I do think a change is necessary. When a guy stands up and pounds his fist and says,Cheap Jerseys Supply, "Not one dime will I raise your taxes!" and the first thing he does is do it. (laughs) It's just not fucking OK. (laughs) I think his attentions are correct, but I think a change is obviously necessary and to some degree I lean myself towards Ron Paul and doing this whole thing like a business.Read the entire interview from Metalshrine.Making of "The Electric Age" - Part 3:  Making of "The Electric Age" - Part 2:  Making of "The Electric Age" - Part 1:
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:53 , Processed in 0.072500 second(s), 28 queries .