2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-22 08:04:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Mike Kelley, who works next door at Staples, was buying T-shirts and hats for his daughter, brother-in-law and himself. "It's an expensive day today," he said. "I've already spent $100, and I'm already planning to spend $100 more."
Boston has seen a record 34.2 inches of snow over seven days, according to the National Weather Service. The previous seven-day record was 31.2 inches in January 1996.
In Boston, where schools were closed but subways were running Monday, Walsh held court in City Hall, reflecting on Sunday's win and sketching out the upcoming celebration.
Mayor Marty Walsh said the city will postpone a planned victory parade through downtown until Wednesday.
BOSTON (AP) — The Super Bowl celebration for New Englanders and their beloved Patriots will have to wait another day as Boston continues to get battered by heavy snow.
The city had announced earlier that the parade would take place Tuesday. But with weather continuing to worsen, Boston public schools preemptively canceled Tuesday classes, the fifth snow day in the past week. A decision to cancel the parade followed shortly after.
Cheryl Happeny, a business analyst from Whitman,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, said the victory is especially satisfying because so many people outside of New England have been calling the team cheaters since the scandal over underinflated footballs in the Patriots' winning game over the Indianapolis Colts erupted.
"It's an early Valentine's gift. I'm treating," said Karen Rudgis of Cambridge, who was buying shirts for her husband and two grown children.
At the Modell's Sporting Goods in Cambridge, devoted fans trickled in Monday morning as thick fluffy clumps of snow fell, grabbing commemorative T-shirts and hats by the armful.
The championship parade, now scheduled to start at 11 a.m. Wednesday,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, will begin at the Hynes Convention Center. A fleet of 25 amphibious "duck boats" resembling those used during World War II — a staple of championship parades in Boston — will carry the team along Boylston Street, past the Common and onto City Hall.
"It'd be a lot different if there wasn't a blizzard right now. Later tonight, I would think, it would get busy," said Jennifer Walcott, who had been among a number of staffers brought in from the store's Hamden, Connecticut, location to help open up the Cambridge store promptly at 6 a.m. Monday.
"We'll make sure the duck boats get through the snow," Walsh said. "We'll probably have plows in front of them, behind them, beside then,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, next to them, under them."
"It was a sweet victory," she said. "I don't think it will quiet the critics. I'm waiting for it to heat up again. Everyone hates the Patriots because we're breaking so many records. ...We're like the Yankees of the NFL."
Modell's employees said the biggest sellers so far were the white Super Bowl champion baseball caps the team wore Sunday for the locker room celebration.
"It was an exciting game, a nail-biter to the end. You don't get to see games like that very often," said George Vemis, as he cleared the sidewalk in front of his variety store in Whitman, south of Boston.
"We thank everyone for their flexibility and patience during the planning of this parade and we look forward to celebrating with Patriots fans during better weather on Wednesday," Walsh said in a joint statement with the team.
"My voice is very hoarse from screaming at the TV. I was all in last night," he said. "It will be a lot more fun for me to snowblow this morning after the Patriots' win than if they would have lost, that's for sure."
Other fans recounted tense moments from the rollercoaster victory.
Todd Penney,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping, of Coventry, Connecticut, was still recovering from a heady night of celebrating as he prepared for work Monday morning as a town engineer.
Following their 28-24 victory over the defending champion Seattle Seahawks in Arizona, the Patriots flew back to Massachusetts as scores of flights in and out of Boston's Logan International Airport were canceled or delayed Monday.
The latest snowstorm didn't stop New Englanders from basking in the glow of their team's fourth Super Bowl victory,NFL Jerseys Supply.

From Boston to western Massachusetts,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, police reported that Patriots fans celebrated raucously but without mayhem late Sunday and into Monday.
He said the city and team both agreed to hold off on the parade because of Monday's snowstorm, which dumped more than a foot of fresh snow in the Boston area, making commutes treacherous.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 02:41 , Processed in 0.067165 second(s), 26 queries .