4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-23 11:56:55 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…technician heads to jailAn elevator repairman whose unsafe shortcut caused grotesque injuries to a Brooklyn woman received minimal prison time yesterday to cap an unprecedented prosecution.JordanA remorseful Jason Jordan, 30, was sentenced to three months in jail followed by five years’ probation for the horror suffered by Debra Jordan on Christmas Day 2010.Because the technician bypassed a safety mechanism while fixing elevators at a hospital,Sale NFL Jerseys, the woman’s leg and arm were caught by the door and got smashed — striking floor after floor — as the car suddenly shot up.She barely made it out alive and is now confined to a wheelchair.“You took away my happiness, my activeness, my peace of mind, and my independence,” the now 52-year-old victim wrote to the mechanic in a letter submitted to the judge. “I experience nightmares,Jerseys From China, flashbacks, panic attacks, and am dependent on my family and friends to assist me and take me places.”She had left her native Guyana from her Meadow Brook, Georgetown home, for Brooklyn some years earlier.A jury convicted Jordan, who is not related to the victim,Wholesale Jerseys From China, of reckless assault following a highly-technical trial last month, where an animated recreation of the incident and a model of the elevator circuit board were used to explain the mishap.“This is the first criminal conviction of its kind in this type of case and today’s sentence is important because the victim suffered horrifically,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,” said Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson. “This defendant’s dangerous shortcut came at a terrible price.”Debra JordanProsecutor Lawrence Oh said that while some have questioned why the case is a criminal one, as opposed to civil, none of these doubts were expressed by people in the elevator industry.“He made a bad choice after worse choice,” he said when asking for a five-year prison term. Jordan profusely apologized.“It’s been haunting me. I’m extremely sorry,Wholesale Jerseys,” he said in Brooklyn Supreme Court. “I’m not a bad person. I’m not a criminal.”Judge John Ingram said he weighed the lack of prior criminal history and the four-plus years it took to resolve the case and the fact that Jordan was sent alone to do a two-person job.“The Court does not believe that excessive incarceration is warranted here,” the judge said, also imposing a $5,000 fine.After Jordan was led away in handcuffs,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, his lawyer,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, David Jacobs, said his client hopes to build a new life with his wife and young son in Florida.He also noted that a similar, yet fatal, incident in Manhattan didn’t result in prosecution.“This is not the forum to get justice,” he said of the criminal trial.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 13:21 , Processed in 0.073052 second(s), 28 queries .