2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-23 22:16:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But the Jets were enamored with his 4.36 speed in the 40-yard dash, envisioning Hill becoming a speedy target in an offense in desperate need of one. His height was also a plus — and Hill said he actually grew about an inch during this offseason, putting him at 6-foot-5 now.
"Outstanding," offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said when asked to assess Hill's summer. "Some of the receivers make this big jump between their second and third year, and it looks like Stephen is doing that."
"When you get to game time, that confidence has to bump up a little bit more," Hill said. "You've got to win every route as much as you can."
"I'm excited that I'm out here and he's giving me another chance to play on his offense," Hill said. "Like I said, it's just that confidence that's building under his offense for the second year."
The New York Jets wide receiver has heard it all,China Jerseys, and he's trying to ignore it.
Ryan and the Jets have been waiting for more than two seasons for Hill to break out. So have the fans.
Except, perhaps, that if you don't perform, you'll soon be out of a job.

One perceived weakness of the Jets' receiving group is the lack of a downfield threat. If Hill can put it all together, New York could have its solution right in front of its eyes.
When Hill was drafted out of Georgia Tech, it was considered a reach by some, simply because he was a bit inexperienced. He had just 49 receptions for 1,248 yards and nine touchdowns in three seasons with the Yellow Jackets, working in an offense that didn't throw the ball much.
But heading into his third NFL season, the 2012 second-round pick knows he needs to prove the doubters wrong — and show the Jets he can be the playmaker they drafted him to be.
"From a personal standpoint, yes," Hill said when he asked if he has a greater sense of urgency to succeed this summer. "I'm definitely a little bit healthier."
Hill is in his second year working in Mornhinweg's system, and acknowledges that he feels a lot more comfortable in it than he did at this time a year ago.
"Every day, I feel like it's my last day," he said Friday. "So,Stitched NFL Jerseys, I come out here and that's how I have to play. Nothing is guaranteed in this league."
"It's coming," coach Rex Ryan said. "He's going to have an opportunity, and we'll see."
"I feel good because I think he's healthy," Ryan said. "He seems to be healthy. That was a big part of it last year, when we all noticed."
NOTES: As expected, QB Geno Smith will start over Michael Vick in the team's scrimmage Saturday night. He has taken nearly 80 percent of the snaps with the starting offense. ... WR Eric Decker sat out most of practice with what Ryan called "a little bit of a hamstring." Ryan did not sound concerned, and Decker is expected to play in the scrimmage. ... S Calvin Pryor,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, the team's first-round pick, practiced for the second straight day on a limited basis while he continues to recover from a concussion. He said it was the first head injury of his playing career.
"He couldn't escape anybody," Ryan said. "It was more,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China, he could go in a straight line. That was it. But right now, he's healthy. Hopefully that's all behind him."
Ryan recalled the Jets trying to get passes to Hill in some games, to no avail. Hill was targeted seven times in a 37-14 loss to Buffalo last November and had no catches. That came in the middle of a three-game stretch during which he had no receptions, and he caught only one pass in his last four games.
CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP) — Stephen Hill has been booed, cursed at by fans and labeled a "bust" by critics.
Hill had a terrific NFL debut,NFL Jerseys China, catching two touchdown passes in the 2012 season opener against Buffalo. That success was short-lived, though. He has just 45 catches and four touchdowns in two seasons — and has missed nine games because of injuries.
Hill has finished each of the past two seasons on the injured reserve list, going down with a sprained knee ligament as a rookie and another knee injury last December.
Hill lashed out at one who was particularly loud early in camp, thinking he was being criticized after not making a play. The wide receiver is trying to block that out, and keep his focus on what he's doing — and not what people are saying about him.
Hill, who has dealt with injuries, issues with drops and inconsistent play,cheap jerseys, is in the middle of a tough competition to be a starter opposite Eric Decker and has had a pretty solid camp. He caught two touchdown passes in practice Friday, beating Dee Milliner on both — fighting for position on one of the grabs.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 12:23 , Processed in 0.068137 second(s), 28 queries .