10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-24 23:52:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Government’s care for the true development of this country is aptly reflected in the poor drainage and irrigation system which continues to manifest itself even to this day. The state of the drainage system continues to require the expenditure of millions of dollars for rehabilitation and upgrades each year, yet we continue to experience devastating floods.Dr. Rupert RoopnaraineThis is the conclusion of members of the political opposition coalition, A Partnership for National Unity (APNU).At its weekly press conference,Cheap Jerseys, the faction had made a call on the government to launch a national flood control plan. Expressing his concern at length on the issue was Dr. Rupert Roopnaraine,Cheap Jerseys Online, Shadow Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment.Roopnaraine expressed his disgust with the government’s attitude towards the matter as he said that it is ridiculous that every year the country finds itself in this situation despite the millions of dollars allocated to improving and boosting the area.“We first of all need reliable information from the Meteorological Office. It’s no longer a trustworthy guide on the weather pattern.  Moreover, as it relates to the issue of flooding, it comes as no surprise that with just a few hours of rainfall sections of the city are under water,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, forcing some schools to be closed. We have serious deficiencies in the area of drainage and irrigation.  It is sickening that the government only moves to implement preventative measures when we are caught in a problem and it is never done properly. We need a holistic plan and not a quick fix.”“We need to deal with the issues that are resulting in these frequent floods, one of which is the garbage situation.”It was here that the Shadow Minister piloted the call for the government to move forward with a recycling programme than can help alleviate the issue.In addition to this, Kaieteur News had an exclusive interview with Mr.Michael Mosgrove,Supply Cheap Jerseys, Chief Executive Officer of Panther Recycling Corporation.Michael MosgroveThe Canadian Company had proposed to the government last year a $26M recycling centre which came with curbside pick-up which is reportedly cheaper than the current costs for garbage collection.Mosgrove had also reminded that it was his own money being fuelled into the project and that it would cost the government and the people of Guyana absolutely nothing for its establishment.Unfortunately, the Canadian company was sidelined by a company that was registered under the name Natural Globe Inc which the government had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), to set up a US$30 Million recycling plant.That arrangement did not materialize.Mosgrove had expressed his disappointment with the decision as he instantly recognized that the individual who had negotiated with the government had no experience in the recycling field.After facing intense heat by members of the opposition and the Press, the MoU was dissolved and the Local government Ministry is currently looking at six other companies.In addition to this, Mosgrove told this publication that his interest lies in Guyana because he knows that the country is in dire need of a recycling plant project.“I have seen the need for a recycling plant in this country. When I first came to this country and I saw the state of the country, I realized that my company could be very useful to Guyana and that we can make a meaningful contribution. When I came back to Guyana, I presented a plan to President Donald Ramotar and he thought it was good and he sent it to local government ministry. I spent a year and a half getting it done and a MoU was finally inked.“But another company was chosen – a ghost company. I was then called back on December 27, 2013 to present it again and I have been here ever since and I have been talking to anyone who has an interest in it and talking to members of the Guyanese community as well.”He added, “Considering the current situation in Guyana, the country drastically needs this plan. The government wants it and they have told me that they support it and I believe the general public wants it too, for it creates a lot of opportunities for the people.”“The package we have is from a blueprint my team and I created for Jamaica and we have made significant progress with Jamaica.  We have done the infrastructural work and we have worked with Prime Minister,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, right down to the councilor, and we know the area; we just need to get the plant there.”The biggest challenge, the Canadian philanthropist asserts is the current “back and forth between the government and the opposition. It would be good if they can just move forward and look at the project because the country really needs it. This programme was tailored for Guyana.”While Head of the Presidential Secretariat, Dr. Roger Luncheon had said that they are concerned about the confidence of future investors in Guyana,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Mosgrove was adamant that the delay he faces at this point in time does not deter him or have any bearing on his confidence to help the people of Guyana.“The delay does not break my confidence at all. I know the country needs it and if the government continues to delay it will continue to find that there are detrimental effects for the country. The money invested into this project is our private money it does not cost the government anything. It’s an easy steal.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 22:46 , Processed in 0.067070 second(s), 26 queries .