2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-25 09:22:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I would love to entertain other teams, an opportunity to stay obviously in the game because it's been a part of me for so long, and that's really exciting to see," Welter said. "I couldn't be more thrilled as to where I am right now because it really did show something to the world."
When coach Bruce Arians brought in Welter as an intern working with inside linebackers, she became the first female to hold any coaching position in the NFL.
Her internship lasts through next Thursday's final preseason game at Denver.
"It came from the heart," she said. "To me it's something I would have wanted as a player. It never occurred to me that other people weren't doing it,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, and yet the feedback from all the guys was really fantastic. They were like 'Coach, we never had anybody do that before."
"We showed little girls that even in the final frontier of sports that anything is possible," she said. "That is breathtaking to me. It's something that I never thought was possible."
They were notes of inspiration individualized to each player.
Known as Dr. Jen back in Texas, Welter has a PhD in psychology. She talks about putting on a helmet as a small child and asking her cousins to tackle her. She played in women's professional football, and for one season played on a men's team, the Texas Revolution of the Indoor Football League.
She joins a group of women who have worked their way into previously men-only sports jobs,China Jerseys Authentic, including Sarah Thomas, the first female NFL official. Thomas spoke with Welter before working the Cardinals-Chiefs preseason opener.
"I am waiting to see what will happen next and I'm really excited," she said. "I consider this a complete win. The biggest question coming in was would guys in the NFL respond to a woman coaching them,NBA Jerseys China, and the obvious answer is yes."
"But it's good to have that on your staff," he said.
The coach of the Revolution got in touch with the Cardinals, and Dr. Jen soon was on the staff.
Becky Hammond is an assistant coach with the NBA's San Antonio Spurs, and the Sacramento Kings have hired Nancy Lieberman as an assistant.
"Everybody kind of kept waiting for the other shoe to drop," Welter said. "Like, 'Oh my gosh,Wholesale Jerseys, what's going to happen? What's going to go horribly wrong?' And it really never did. All the players were really respectful. Some came from the jump to really open their arms and welcome me. I think it took others a little bit longer, but really overall it was fantastic."
Kevin Minter, the starter at one inside linebacker position, praised her work.

"It's been fantastic," she said. "This is such a good group of guys who I think really embraced what could have been a challenging situation, and they just ran with it. I mean these players and these coaches have just been fantastic for me. It's been like a dream come true."
Arians cleared the way for her acceptance, Welter said, "just by being a man who is true to himself in how he coaches and how he deals with people."
Welter, though,Cheap Jerseys, elbowed her way in to the rugged world of football coaching at its highest level.
After that, of course, she would like a full-time coaching job.
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Jen Welter's groundbreaking days as an interim NFL coach are nearing an end.
She said that the situation never turned sour.
One of those "different" things was leaving notes for her players in their lockers before games.
Arians said the way Welter "approaches it is a little bit different from a lot of people, because she is female and she thinks differently."
"I heard one player say it best: 'I knew Bruce and the kind of guy he was and he wasn't going to bring anybody here who didn't belong.' "
Her hiring in Arizona came as a result of a comment Arians made at the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix, when he said a woman would be hired to coach "the moment they can prove they can make a player better."
"She's a great lady," he said. "She's helped a lot and she's a stickler about fundamentals and what not. She knows a lot about making you better as a person,Wholesale China Jerseys, too, with the notes she left on your locker, the words of encouragement from what she sees on film. She was like a real good person to feed off of."
She said he had "just gone with my intuition on what the right thing was and to be true to myself and my beliefs that these guys needed to know they were important as people, not just football players."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 08:10 , Processed in 0.080992 second(s), 26 queries .