2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-29 05:29:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"What I try to be is a guy that can help us and not hurt us," he said. "If I can't play, I can't play. I'm not going to try to be a liability out there, where all of a sudden we're playing with 10 guys instead of 11 guys."
"I can't just go up there and be physical with him because he's smarter than that. He'll do something to counter that," Jimmy Smith said. "He's probably the best all-around receiver I've faced."
Flacco had to do without Smith in a loss to Cleveland on Oct. 11,Cheap China Jerseys, but the 15-year veteran wideout showed his grit by returning to face the 49ers.

And just because this is his last season, he's not going to risk permanent damage by playing when he knows he shouldn't.
"I enjoy my family, so it's kind of tough to see them in spurts," he said at the time.
"You've got to be healthy and you've got to make smart decisions," Smith said. "What's at the end of the tunnel doesn't dictate doing maybe stupid things through your journey."
Smith won't play through an injury if he doesn't believe he's going to be an asset.
Smith's 36 catches are more than twice the total of the Ravens' other two wide receivers, Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown, both whom weren't even teen-agers when Smith broke into the league in 2001.
The Baltimore Ravens,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, conversely, have never been worse.
Last August, Smith announced that this season would be his last.
"Steve obviously has a lot of talent," quarterback Joe Flacco said. "He's going to do his thing, he can beat man coverage, he can catch the football. He's going to make plays for us, and we've got to continue to put him in position to do those things
Smith leads the Ravens with 36 catches, 510 yards receiving and three touchdowns. Playing with several broken bones in his back, the 36-year-old caught seven passes for 137 yards and a touchdown last Sunday in a 25-20 loss to San Francisco.
During his two years in Baltimore,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Smith has done more than just catch passes. He's provided veteran leadership in the locker room, a job that rested with linebacker Ray Lewis before he retired in February 2013.
The Ravens' lackluster performances have taken the shine off what Smith had hoped would be an unforgettable farewell season.
In spite of Smith's play, Baltimore is 1-5 for the first time in the 20-year history of the franchise. Next up is a Monday night game at Arizona.
Asked how he could perform with such a painful injury, Smith replied with a wry grin: "I have a great nutritionist I'm sleeping with, which is my wife. She does a good job of doing the research. She has me on a lot of things, vitamins and stuff that I probably should be taking at my age anyway."
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — Five-time Pro Bowl star Steve Smith is as good as he's ever been.
Smith had no way of knowing that he would be the lone threat among a receiving corps that lost speedster Torrey Smith to free agency and is still waiting for top draft pick Breshad Perriman to return from a knee injury he sustained on the first day of training camp.
Jimmy Smith can't look past what Steve Smith does on the field,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, though, because he's never seen anyone do it better.
"We're 1-5. That's really what matters,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Smith said Wednesday. "At the end of the day,Wholesale Jerseys Online, statistics are statistics. But the record is what you're more encouraged and proud of, and right now we're in a deep hole and we've got to dig ourselves out of it."
Smith spent the first 13 years of his career with Carolina before cut. He promptly joined the Ravens and starred last year for a team that reached the postseason for the sixth time in seven seasons.
Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith said of Steve Smith: "He truly tries to help all the players. He tries to help DBs as much as the running backs and receivers. If you look past what he is and what he does, he's truly an amazing leader."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 07:59 , Processed in 0.067473 second(s), 26 queries .