2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-30 12:35:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
DeBord said Tennessee's offense has some similarities to the system he and Jones utilized at Central Michigan.
DeBord,Nike Off White The Ten, 59, spoke to the media Friday for the first time since being hired last week to join Butch Jones' staff in a reunion of sorts. Jones had worked on DeBord's Central Michigan staff from 2000-03 and spent the last three of those seasons as offensive coordinator.
NOTES:  Jones said defensive end Derek Barnett, wide receiver Jason Croom, linebacker Darrin Kirkland, defensive tackle Danny O'Brien, defensive end Kyle Phillips would miss spring practice due to injuries. Jones said tight end Alex Ellis also could miss spring practice. All are expected back for the start of preseason practices in August. Barnett,NFL Jerseys From China, who had 10 sacks and 20 ½ tackles for loss as a freshman this past season,Cheap Jerseys Online, is dealing with a shoulder injury.
DeBord's arrival likely won't cause many changes in the up-tempo offense that Jones prefers.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike DeBord doesn't expect any rust factor as he returns to coaching from a two-year layoff.
Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez worked with Jones on DeBord's Central Michigan staff,Wholesale China Jerseys. DeBord and Tennessee defensive line coach Steve Stripling worked together as assistants at Michigan from 2005-07.
"Everything in life is about trust," Jones said. "Everything in life is about character. I wanted an individual that I knew who I could trust."
Dobbs is back in 2015 to lead a more experienced offense. Tackle Jacob Gilliam was the only senior offensive starter from Tennessee's 45-28 TaxSlayer Bowl victory over Iowa.
"What will change is that we are going to be a one-back spread offense," DeBord said. "There (at Central Michigan), we used two-back and one-back. We are going to take everything we have done here that they have had success with and continue to move on with that. There will be little wrinkles that we add with my NFL experience that we add to the throw game and maybe our run here and there."
DeBord said he stayed close to the game the last two seasons by attending every Michigan practice,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, sitting in on meetings, watching numerous games and having regular conversations with former NFL coach Mike Martz. DeBord and Martz worked together as Chicago Bears assistants in 2010-11.
"I've gained knowledge these last two years," said DeBord, the offensive coordinator of Michigan's 1997 national championship team. "My battery, as the players have seen, is fully charged. There's no rust. It goes back to like what Butch said. It's like riding a bike. You get back on and you start pedaling. Right now, I'm pedaling pretty fast."
"Our offense does not need to be rebuilt," Jones said. "It needs to be enhanced."
"I think I'm the happiest I have ever been," DeBord said. "I'm truly excited. I get to do what my passion is, and that is to be a football coach at the college level and to be a coordinator."
DeBord replaces Mike Bajakian, who left Tennessee to become the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' quarterbacks coach. Jones said DeBord's familiarity with the staff and knowledge of the game helped make him an ideal fit.
Although DeBord has three decades of coaching experience both in college and the NFL, he worked as a Michigan athletic administrator the last two years. DeBord spent five years as an NFL assistant before that,Wholesale Jerseys Store, so he hasn't worked as a college coach since 2007.
Tennessee ranked 10th out of 14 Southeastern Conference teams in points per game (28.9) and 11th in yards per game (370.5) this past season, but the offense fared much better after Joshua Dobbs took over as the Volunteers' starting quarterback.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-23 13:25 , Processed in 0.079073 second(s), 28 queries .