2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-31 05:38:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Spielman, as always, looked for ways to accumulate an extra selection or two for later in the draft by moving down, but the trade market was quiet. Spielman said the Vikings viewed their prospects ranked from eighth to 20th as similar in value, one explanation for the lack of moves.
The 6-foot, 186-pound Waynes left the Spartans after becoming a first team All-Big Ten selection in his junior season. The native of Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Bradford High School teammate of running back Melvin Gordon,Cheap Authentic Jerseys Online, taken four picks later by San Diego, Waynes had eight pass breakups and three interceptions in 2014.
Or about the size, in a division with some of the most potent passing attacks in the league.
"There's no question about the athletic skill set,Wholesale Jerseys," Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said.
"We did have a lot of activity that came up to us,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, but as you sit there and went through we had Trae Waynes very high on our draft board," Spielman said, adding: "It wasn't worth trading out to potentially lose him."
Waynes was the highest the Vikings have taken a cornerback in their history. One of the two others they picked in the first round was Xavier Rhodes in 2013, the year after they took safety Harrison Smith on the first night of the draft.

"He's a DB guru. That's the one thing I took from him,NFL Jerseys China," Waynes said on a conference call with Minnesota reporters. Waynes added: "If he can make me into half the player of Deion Sanders, we'll be good."
Zimmer traveled with general manager Rick Spielman to the Michigan State campus to meet with him prior to the draft, and the workout left an impression on Waynes.
Zimmer once coached Sanders, one of the many standout defensive backs he has helped develop in his time in the NFL with Dallas, Cincinnati and now Minnesota.
Under coach Mark Dantonio and defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, who left this offseason to become the coach at Pittsburgh, the Spartans have had one of the most stifling defenses in the nation. Cornerback Darqueze Dennard was a first-round pick last year by Cincinnati.
"I'm not getting into who called or not called. Adrian Peterson is a Viking. End of story,Wholesale Jerseys NFL," Spielman said.
"Everybody says I love corners, and I guess maybe I do, but I love good football players," Zimmer said.
Michigan State's aggressive style is based on disruptive man-to-man coverage by strong cornerbacks on the outside of the formation, not unlike the 4-3 scheme that Zimmer installed with the Vikings last season. Zimmer said he saw "a little grabby" in Waynes' game, a technical flaw the coach was confident could be corrected.
Captain Munnerlyn and Josh Robinson, two of Minnesota's top three returning cornerbacks, are 5-foot-9.
"They're a very disciplined football team. It's fun to watch them play as a unit, because of how sound and disciplined they are," Spielman said. "So to me it's an advantage when you get a guy from Michigan State."
"You can probably write it down. We're not going to take any 5-9 corners here. Rick and I have talked about that many times, because I like big guys," Zimmer said.
"Trae is a great person and one of the easiest guys to coach," Narduzzi said in comments posted on Twitter by the Pittsburgh athletic department. "A fierce competitor, he is always up for a challenge."
Then there was the matter of Adrian Peterson, who has stated his preference to resume his career elsewhere. The Vikings have been steadfast in expressing their opposition to trading the star running back all offseason. Peterson was recently reinstated by the NFL from his suspension for the child abuse case he was involved in.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Another valuable piece has been added to the construction project on coach Mike Zimmer's defense.
"I was glad they didn't take Waynes," he said.
Chicago's choice of West Virginia wide receiver Kevin White with the seventh pick was yet another reminder of the twice-a-season challenge that Vikings defensive backs must face with their NFC North rivals. Zimmer's reaction to the Bears adding another big wide receiver?
As for making a deal to move into the end of the first round, as the Vikings did for quarterback Teddy Bridgewater last year and wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson the year before, that didn't happen,Wholesale China Jerseys, either.
The Minnesota Vikings fetched another first-rounder for their blossoming secondary Thursday night, selecting Michigan State cornerback Trae Waynes with the 11th overall pick in the NFL draft.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 03:15 , Processed in 0.074657 second(s), 28 queries .