2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-2 04:14:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"When you put a young guy in a game like that, they don't get the reps, they don't see the pictures, you're wondering how they are mentally,China Jerseys Cheap," interim coach Tony Sparano said. "It tells you that they're paying attention in the meetings, it tells you that their coaches are doing a good job with them that way, but I was impressed with what Keith did that way."

McGill, a fourth-round pick out of Utah, was expected to contribute as a rookie but was slowed by a groin injury that sidelined him for four games in the middle of the season.
McGill played just 18 defensive snaps over the first 14 games as he was relegated mostly to special teams duty when he was healthy. With starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers on injured reserve and backup Chimdi Chekwa injured last week, McGill finally got an opportunity to show what he can do.
"I think every week we've gone against a pretty explosive receiver,Cheap Jerseys," McGill said. "Obviously, this week going against Peyton Manning,China Jerseys Cheap, it just adds a quarterback element in that picture,NFL Jerseys China, so whenever you're going to play against him, I think you're going to raise your game up. So with him and the receivers around him, I think we're going to be ready for it."
McGill fared well against the Buffalo Bills but now is in for the ultimate test in the regular-season finale when he must match up with Peyton Manning and his deep group of receivers on the Denver Broncos.
McGill is one of three young cornerbacks the Raiders will look to build their defense around this offseason. Fellow rookie TJ Carrie, a seventh-round pick,Cheap Jerseys, has gotten ample playing time both outside and in the slot and has allowed just one touchdown pass against all season,Wholesale China Jerseys, according to Pro Football Focus.
McGill said he spent the time on the sideline trying to learn from the veterans on the field and did his best to keep up in the meeting rooms.
"As much as you'd love to have Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown and those guys out there, it gives you a chance to see the younger players and to see the guys that you drafted and to see some of those things happen and I think that the more that these kids are playing, the more comfortable they are out there," Sparano said. "I've been impressed with that group."
"It's always going to be nice to get game reps and you just have to build off of whatever kind of foundation you have," he said. "Mine is kind of late in the season, but those last two games, they're going to be important and I just have to go in there and try to do my job as best as possible."
It took until the second-to-last game of the season for McGill to make a big contribution. He played 50 defensive snaps last week and allowed only one catch despite being matched up for part of the game with talented rookie Sammy Watkins.
NOTES: Pending free agent C Stefen Wisniewski said the Raiders made a few contract offers this season but did not meet his price so Sunday's game could be his final with team. ... Carrie (ankle), LB Khalil Mack (hamstring) and RT Menelik Watson (foot, ankle) are questionable for Sunday. ... WR Vincent Brown (groin), WR Denarius Moore (knee, ankle) and Chekwa (hamstring) have been ruled out.
He acknowledged being a little winded during the game last week, but kept at it and hopes a performance like that will help prepare him for next season when he hopes to play much more.
DJ Hayden, the team's first-round pick in 2013, has shown promise after the start of his career was derailed by injuries that limited him to eight games last year and forced him to miss the first six this season.
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders cornerback Keith McGill's struggled to get on track his rookie season because of injuries and the time it takes to adjust to the NFL.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 17:23 , Processed in 0.071322 second(s), 28 queries .