4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-2 18:54:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Emergency Unit of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) is a section of the institution where one would think one can accessAma Khan outside GPHC Emergency Unit,wholesale jerseys, waiting for daughter to receive treatmentspeedy treatment.  However this was not the case for 21-year-old Abbena Gents, who suffers from a chronic heart condition.Twenty-four hours after arriving at the GPHC, Gents and her mother, Ama Khan, were still awaiting treatment from health officials at the public hospital when Kaieteur News arrived late yesterday morning.After complaining of a fever, diarrhea and cold sweats at the West Demerara Regional Hospital (WDRH), Gents, in the company of her mother, was transferred to the GPHC at around 11:00hrs.According to Khan, her daughter had been going to the GPHC clinic for a number of years after she was diagnosed with a chronic heart condition at the age of 10.Gents was eventually able to live a relatively normal life since her diagnosis. She became a teacher and attended College. But a resurgence of her chronic condition has caused her to recently quit her job and discontinue her studies.When Gents’ condition worsenedshe was taken to the hospital.“After she start complaining of fever, diarrhea and night sweats West Demerara Regional Hospital transferred her to GPHC,” recounted Khan.  “We thought her problem got worse because she couldn’t even walk up the stairs.”Due to her inability to walk properly, Gents was relegated to a wheelchair while at the hospital.In the meantime, as the mother and daughter awaited treatment at from the unit, Khan said that her daughter began to complain of back pain in addition to her previous ailments.This newspaper understands that Gents received treatment for her back pain, with health officials saying that she contracted an infection while at WDRH. However, Khan related that her daughter was still not treated for her heart condition.After being confined to a wheelchair for most of the day, Khan said that her daughter needed to lie down. However there were not enough beds in the Emergency Unit to accommodate her. As a result Gents was forced to sleep on her mother’s lap, on the benches outside the Unit.In addition to the long waiting time, the concerned mother complained of the treatment she received from staff whenever she inquired about treatment for her daughter.“Whenever I’d go in to see if my daughter could get through sooner the guard or one of them in there would chase me out,” said Khan, who eventually stopped asking questions and decided to wait. She even asked a doctor about treatment for her daughter, but said that his help was limited.“All I want for my daughter is to get into a ward, so she can be comfortable and get the treatment she needs,” related the distressed mother “because you know I can’t leave my daughter.”Meanwhile, Rukmini Jairam of Mahaica, East Coast Demerara, told this newspaper that her mother has been waiting for treatment in the Emergency Unit for three days. The concerned daughter says that she has been back and forth with family members but has not been any closer to receiving treatment for her mother since their arrival.Kaieteur News was unable to obtain a comment concerning the long waiting time at the Emergency Unit from GPHC officials.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 07:33 , Processed in 0.075691 second(s), 28 queries .