2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-2 20:25:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Beginning with a humiliating loss to Oakland, a team that had lost 16 consecutive games, and ending with the sobering news that popular and talented safety Eric Berry could have lymphoma, it has been a period marked by frustration,cheap nfl jerseys online, anxiety and uncertainty.
REINFORCEMENTS: The Chiefs signed Jason Avant last week to bolster one of the NFL's worst wide receiver corps. Avant played for Kansas City coach Andy Reid in Philadelphia and should be up to speed in time to play Sunday. "I know I can play," said Avant, who was released by Carolina. "If you ever see me play, I'm a very competitive person. I like to prove those people right that acquired me."
It's not as if the Broncos haven't had to overcome their own adversity lately.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The last 10 days could not have gone much worse for the Kansas City Chiefs.
"They have the same goals that we have. It's really about who wants it more," Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton said. "We'll have our hands full."
Still,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, can they do it in a hostile environment? The Broncos are unbeaten in six games at home, but they're just 2-3 on the road,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, including a stunning loss to St. Louis a couple of weeks ago.
Tight end Julius Thomas remained limited in practice this week after hurting his ankle Nov. 16 against St. Louis. Linebacker Brandon Marshall could be sidelined with a concussion, leaving a rotating cast of characters to take over his job. And then there's placekicker, where they signed veteran Connor Barth this week to replace first-year pro Brandon McManus.
The game Sunday night between two bitter rivals has a little more riding on it this time around. After Kansas City lost a competitive game in Denver in Week 2, the beleaguered team needs a victory over Peyton Manning and Co. if it wants any shot at winning the division.
STOPPING PEYTON: The Chiefs have yet to allow a 300-yard passer this season — not Tom Brady, Philip Rivers or Manning, who had 242 yards passing against them in September. "The key thing with him is you get him to third down and you've got to win enough to get off the field," Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said, "because he's going to complete passes."
The Chiefs (7-4) welcome the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos (8-3) to Arrowhead Stadium.

HEAVY HEART: Charles is dedicating the game to two teenagers who drowned in a Missouri farm pond last weekend. He recalled this week meeting one of them at training camp a few of years ago.
"We're playing at home, a great environment to be playing a division team — we know we got to win this game," Charles said. "This game is a go-out-there-and-get-it win. We know we have a tough challenge with a Hall of Famer and a great defense coming to town. I think we're up for that challenge this week. We control our own destiny right now."
"It's been a tough week for us. It's a lot going on,Jerseys NFL China," running back Jamaal Charles said, "but at the same time, we have to start getting focused. We have a big game this week."
There are plenty of subplots to the game, too, including a few players with personal stakes in the outcome. Here are a few more things to keep an eye on:
BIG VICK: Chiefs defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was released by Denver in August. Even though he's been limited with a calf injury this week, he vowed to be on the field against his old team. "I'm rolling Sunday," he said. "You can't stop me out of this one."
"This team has good flexibility," Manning said, "and I think that is important when you have a 16-game season for a player to be able to move to a different spot; to be able to run different types of plays and different types of formations and win games different types of ways. I think that is important for any team and I feel this team can do that."
"That crowd can cause communication problems for teams,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys," Manning said, "and so that is what you have to home in on all week, whether it's practicing with the crowd noise and really being on top of the game plan. You need to protect the ball, certainly,Authentic China Jerseys, like in any game, but especially on the road and try to be good in the red zone, try to really fight crazy there."
So do the Broncos. Not only would a victory give them a stranglehold on the West, it would allow them to keep within striking distance of New England for the AFC's best record.
After losing Montee Ball to a groin injury and Ronnie Hillman to a foot issue, they have leaned on second-year, third-string running back C.J. Anderson to balance the offense.
ABOUT ARROWHEAD: Sure, it can be an intimidating place, and the Broncos were terrible there once upon a time. But they have not lost in Kansas City since 2010. "I think we've won every game we've been there since I've been here," Denver coach John Fox said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 02:07 , Processed in 0.071326 second(s), 26 queries .