4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-5 12:54:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Leon SuseranAs the world marked another World Teachers’ Day last Saturday under the theme ‘A Call for Teachers’,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, we share with you the significant story of a young and simple teacher among us.Sir Tamesh Mohabir of Goed Bananen Land, East Canje, Berbice found himself in teaching by accident a few years ago.He just simply could not afford to further his studies and his dream of becoming an engineer was put on hold.Just image, the young graduate (Best Graduating Student in the Tech Stream that year) of the New Amsterdam Multilateral School (NAMS) gaining distinctions in Mechanical Tech and in Technical Drawing at the 2008 CSEC exams in the Technological Stream, choosing to become a teacher, dashing the expectations of his single parent mother, Yvonne,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, and his subject teacher, Mr. Romel Hughes.He attained several other Grade Ones, including in Chemistry, Social Studies,Wholesale Jerseys China, and English.Tamesh Mohabir“She was a bit disappointed that I did not go off to UG, but seeing me turn into this teacher now, she has appreciated it.”He hated disappointing them, but he had no choice. What was more distressing was that his talent and skills with drawing and knowledge in the field engineering, all went down the drain. “I had a passion for engineering to make and construct things.”After completing only one year of CAPE studies at NAMS, the young man needed a job.In 2008, like many other out-of-schoolers, he decided to “try out” the teaching job and later received a telephone call from then Head Mistress of the school, Ms. Jackie Benn to report for duty.“My initial plan was to teach for a year or two and save some money and then go off to UG, but being in the system, I fell in love with the job!”He taught Mathematics and English ‘A’.When asked about some of the things he loves about teaching,Cheap Arizona Coyotes Hoodies, he spoke about the opportunity to work among young people “and teaching them right from wrong and being able to see them come out as better people.”“It’s a good feeling when a child comes to you and say ‘Thank you, Sir’. To hear them say ‘because of you we got into UG and got a job,’ it just fills you up with warmth and with passion for the job.”Mohabir added too, that another thing that pulls him to the job is sports, debates, as well as other co- curricular activities. He has become integrally involved in planning and coordinating the school’s athletic sports.Back in 2011, NAMS’ cricket team was invited by the Barbados Cricket Board to participate in the Garfield Sobers Cricket Tournament.Mohabir and another teacher worked assiduously to raise funds for the team for accommodation and transportation on the island among other costs. And for the past three years, they have been participating at that tournament in Barbados. They scored fifth,NFL Jerseys Clearance, sixth and seventh best teams out of sometimes 15 and 20 other teams which participated from other countries.Tamesh and a group of his students from Form 2W at NAMSThe young teacher noted that teaching also presents a lot of difficulties today, including “difficult students and some very difficult parents.” His philosophy in teaching is living and practicing ‘P.U.T’, patience, understanding and tolerance.The young teacher-in-training knows that he might have been making a whole lot more money had he been in the engineering field today, but he is nevertheless satisfied with the decision he has made to educate young minds.He called for more males in the teaching profession,China Jerseys Wholesale, “because there’s so many things that a male can do…the females cannot do all of it, especially when it relates to sports and enforcing discipline.”“Most of the children we have now, they are from broken homes, where in the majority of the cases, the father is absent—so if we have more males, they will have more positive role models.”The money would have been “far,Cheap NFL Jerseys, far more than what we get in teaching, but I love the job and I am trying to make it through.”Mohabir recently entered training at the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE) at Johns, Port Mourant and has embarked on attaining an Associate Degree in Education (ADE) which will come in the next two years.“It’s tough because you got to work during the day and then you attend classes from 3pm-7pm and do assignments, plus you got to do stuff in the home, but I got to do it because it will benefit me.”His plans are to reach as high as possible in the teaching profession.His advice to all teachers in Guyana today, “It’s a battle and challenge and it’s getting harder—the policies are getting stiffer; the children are becoming more difficult as well as their parents—but we got to be P.U.T. and we got to war it through and take up our mantle and live up to our motto: ‘We mould the nation.’”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:44 , Processed in 0.067055 second(s), 26 queries .