2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-6 23:10:22 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's been an experience, man," Jones said, laughing. "It's definitely been flattering. I was always in the public eye, but it was a pretty big transition to go from being seen with a helmet on to being seen with basically no clothes on."
"I don't think I could have ever seen this for me a few years ago," Jones said. "It's an amazing thing. I'd tell those guys that life is way bigger than the game. You give a lot of yourself to football, but you need to realize that there's a lot more to life out here for you than just football."
"I've been able to peel back a lot of layers of who I am," said Jones, who splits his time between Los Angeles and Miami. "Acting has really given me a new outlook on life."
"I was very depressed, in this weird space,Jerseys From China," said Jones, who retired after the 2011 season. "There was this emptiness, almost like you broke up with your girlfriend and then it's like, what do you do? I had never been much of a drinker, but I was waking up in the morning and drinking Coronas. I needed something to get over it.
It was as good a play call as Jones has ever made.
"For like eight or nine months, it was a weird, weird time for me."
No more practices. No more games. No more locker-room laughs with his teammates. Life without football for the former NFL running back was a scary thought.
Next up is a major part in the made-for-TV movie "Runaway Island," which premieres Saturday night on cable network TV One. It stars Lorraine Toussaint from "Orange is the New Black" and is directed by the Oscar-nominated Dianne Houston.
"I was used to working out for a reason," the 36-year-old Jones said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "I had to really change things around in my life and re-prioritize things. It was a tough transition."
Jones hopes his successful career change can serve as an example to young players who are aren't yet planning for their post-football careers — and to former athletes still searching for their next gameplan long after the cheering has stopped.
During those last few seasons, Jones founded a production company called Independently Major Entertainment,China Adidas Hockey Jerseys, which started out by promoting music artists and later developed a film division. Still, Jones couldn't recreate the satisfying feeling of competition that football provided.
Acting has become more than just a hobby for Jones, who has also developed CASTAR, a social networking app for people in the entertainment industry.
Largely because of his love scenes in "Being Mary Jane," the chisel-chested Jones has become a hit with female fans— going from gridiron great to Hollywood heartthrob.
In the three-plus years since he retired,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, Jones has scored appearances on Showtime's "Shameless" and IFC's "Comedy Bang! Bang!" Then came a breakthrough role on BET's "Being Mary Jane" as Gabrielle Union's love interest. His first day on set was eye-opening: He went to wardrobe looking for his clothes, and there was just a robe and sandals waiting for him.
He's also in the upcoming big-screen flick "Straight Outta Compton" about the rap group N,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys.W.A that's due out next month.
NEW YORK (AP) — Thomas Jones would wake up, crack open a few beers and wonder what was next.

"Any time someone like that is in your corner," Jones said,Wholesale Jerseys, "it kind of makes it worth your while to try it."
"I'm so excited for people to see this," Jones said. "Diverse cast, all ages. It was perfect."
Jones was a first-round pick out of the University of Virginia in 2000 and played 12 seasons in the NFL, rushing for 10,591 yards — 24th on the career list — and 68 touchdowns during stops with the Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs.
He found his way while working on one of his company's film projects with veteran actor Clifton Powell, who has appeared in several Hollywood hits. Powell saw talent in Jones, and encouraged him to give acting a serious shot.
Jones, who largely avoided the spotlight during his playing career, sees plenty of similarities between acting and his old career, from reading scripts instead of playbooks to working off emotions. There's plenty of competition, too, just like his football days.
He is following in the footsteps of a handful of other NFL stars who became successful actors such as Jim Brown, Fred Williamson, Alex Karras and John Matuszak. Jones even added his middle initial — Q for Quinn — to his name for his acting credits.
"My character is very intense, very angry," Jones said. "I just went back to pregame and pulled those emotions from as if we were playing the Patriots in Foxborough."
"I'm a full-time actor,Cheap NFL Jerseys," he said. "I'm no longer Thomas Jones, the football player. I've spread my wings, come out of my cocoon. This is who I am now."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 07:12 , Processed in 0.064305 second(s), 26 queries .