2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-8 20:42:10 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Earlier in the day Rivera made a difficult decision to deactivate Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy, saying that the NFL "culture has changed" and the team needed to make the right decision. The decision came one day after the Minnesota Vikings announced they would deactivate Adrian Peterson, who was indicted on child abuse charges on Saturday,
NOTES: Newton apologized to Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh after the game, saying he didn't mean anything offensive earlier in the week when he referred to him as "Donkey Kong Suh." ...  Caldwell said he "won't make any rash decisions" on whether to keep Freese as the kicker after his two misses. ... Lions cornerback Nevin Lawson was carted off the field with a foot injury and did not return.
He scrambled from the pocket on one second-quarter run and dived headfirst instead of sliding. It was similar to the play against New England on Aug,Cheap Jerseys Supply. 22 that left him with cracked ribs and sidelined him for the season opener against Tampa Bay.
Later in the fourth quarter Newton ran again, turning the corner inside the 5 and diving toward the pylon.
"When you don't take advantage of your opportunities you miss chances and turn the ball over, you're not going to have a good day," Stafford said.
Newton shook off a slow start and completed 22 of 34 passes and overcame five sacks.

"I felt like I was getting antsy early on and that comes from a lack of playing time,Wholesale Jerseys From China," Newton said. "...  I was getting my feet back under me and as the game went on I started feeling more comfortable and it showed."
Newton bounced back, leading the Panthers on an eight-play,Supply Authentic NFL Jerseys, 72-yard drive, connecting on his first TD pass of the season, a 14-yard strike to Jason Avant on a slant route.
Thomas DeCoud tipped a deep ball from Stafford and Melvin White intercepted to set up Carolina's next score. Rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who struggled with dropped balls all day, hauled in a one-handed grab along the left sideline. Jonathan Stewart capped the drive with a 2-yard run and Newton threw to Jerricho Cotchery for a 2-point conversion to put Carolina up 21-7.
"We turned the ball over too many times, particularly in scoring territory,Air Max 97 Gold," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said.
The Lions (1-1) took a 7-6 lead early in the third quarter when Stafford connected on a 1-yard touchdown pass to fullback Jed Collins, who bowled over NFL Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly en route to the end zone.
"It was my decision and it was in the best interest of the Carolina Panthers," Rivera said.
The Panthers put the game away in the fourth quarter when Jeremy Ross fumbled a kickoff that kicker Graham Gano recovered. Gano added his third field goal of the game for the final score.
The Panthers were a plus-3 in the turnover battle for the second straight week.
Carolina's defense didn't seem to miss a beat.
"He is obviously going to be sore," Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. "He can't help himself (and) he ran a couple of times. He did the best he could with it. The thing that I'm pleased with is once he got the rust off he settled down and made some really good decisions."
The Lions failed to take advantage of their scoring opportunities in the first half,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, setting the tone for the game. Rookie Nate Freese missed two field goals, Joique Bell fumbled in Carolina territory and Johnson dropped a potential TD catch.
The fourth-year quarterback shook off some early rust and returned to his fearless style of play, helping Carolina defeat the Detroit Lions 24-7 on Sunday,Cheap Jerseys From China, capping a distraction-filled week for the Panthers.
Wearing a thick flak jacket, it took a while for Newton to find his stride.
Hardy was convicted July 15 on two counts of domestic violence and Rivera didn't think it was right to allow him to play given the events of the week.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Cam Newton showed he has no intention of changing the way he plays the game.
The Panthers had three takeaways, four sacks and held the Lions scoreless in the first half one week after Matthew Stafford and company put up 35 points against the Giants. Mario Addison helped fill the void left by Hardy with 2 ½ sacks, and cornerback Antoine Cason had 10 tackles, two forced fumbles and a recovery.
But the lead was short-lived.
In his first start since fracturing his ribs in a preseason game, Newton threw for 281 yards and a touchdown and ran for 19 yards on four carries, He helped the Panthers improve to 2-0 for the first time since 2008 and grab sole possession of first place in the NFC South.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:40 , Processed in 0.074273 second(s), 26 queries .