2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-9 14:45:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Idzik declined to offer details of Patterson's explanation for his absence, and neither Patterson nor Rosenhaus have revealed any reasons.
"I have skin like an armadillo. I'll take whatever they throw at me."

Despite all the uncertainty, Ryan insisted there's "no question" he's comfortable with the group of cornerbacks with whom he's entering the season.
The Jets also had big plans for wide receiver Stephen Hill when they drafted him in the second round out of Georgia Tech in 2012. But Hill struggled with injuries and inconsistency, finishing the last two seasons on injured reserve. He was also cut Saturday, leading some to wonder if the Jets gave up on him too soon.
Given the way the Patterson situation played out, Idzik was asked if he regretted not signing a "legitimate" cornerback in the offseason, when more high-profile players such as Vontae Davis, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and even Darrelle Revis were available.
"I would call Dimitri Patterson a legitimate cornerback,NFL Jerseys China Cheap," Idzik said. "I mean, that's why we signed him. We liked the player. We interviewed the player. We don't look back. There's no regret. Again, we're in a people business and you really can't anticipate some things that may happen."
"Well, we don't operate too much on statements,Wholesale Jerseys," Idzik said. "I prefer direct communication. And that way,Nike Air Max 1 Mens Cheap, if something is quoted or something is said, especially in this information age where things can fly out pretty quickly or they're segmented, you always like to hear it directly from, in this case, the player. That's what we did.
When the Jets signed Patterson in April, the plan was that he would start opposite second-year cornerback Dee Milliner. With Patterson gone and Milliner still sidelined with a high ankle sprain and uncertain to play in the season opener against Oakland, the Jets are scrambling in the secondary.
Despite a thin secondary, the Jets cut the veteran cornerback Saturday in a move that capped a bizarre week involving a player the team had expected to be a starter.
"I think we gave Stephen plenty of opportunity," Ryan said. "He had more snaps than any receiver through camp. But at the end of the day, a lot goes into it."
"I think when this thing gets kicked up for real, we absolutely have no excuses," he said. "We'll line up and play. We feel good about the players that we do have, and, shoot, the great thing is we get to prove it, and it starts on Sunday in front our home crowd, so we will all get to see it."
"Certainly, he has a right to his opinion,Cheap NFL Jerseys, but, if anything, I believe that I do support all of our players," Ryan said. "I understand it's probably a difficult situation at the time and I certainly wish Stephen the best.
"We heard him out and he heard us out and then we acted how we thought it was appropriate given the circumstances."
Hill's agent Alan Herman criticized the Jets for not putting Hill in a good position to thrive, citing the unstable quarterback situations the last two seasons.
Such as being able to play a role on special teams, something Hill didn't do while others such as Greg Salas, Jalen Saunders and Saalim Hakim did.
Rex Ryan said "it's still too early to tell" if Milliner will be ready, so there's a possibility safety-turned cornerback Antonio Allen, recovering from a concussion, could be in the mix to start opposite Darrin Walls, usually a backup. The Jets have also made several moves at the cornerback spot over the last few days, including signing Phillip Adams, claiming Leon McFadden off waivers, and releasing Ellis Lankster and LeQuan Lewis, who was later re-signed to the practice squad.
Patterson was suspended last week by the team after the Jets said he went missing before the preseason game against the Giants on Aug. 22 without speaking to anyone in the organization.
"In the end, it just felt appropriate that we move on from Dimitri," Idzik said during a conference call Monday. "I think that was the best thing for the Jets."
Patterson later — in a statement through the media rather than the team — said the Jets' claims were "completely false." He added that agent Drew Rosenhaus was, in fact,Cheap NFL Jerseys, in contact with the team for several hours before the game. Idzik,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, in the general manager's first comments since cutting Patterson, said the organization sat down with him and gathered all the facts of the situation before ultimately deciding to part ways.
"We certainly didn't give up on Stephen or anybody else," Ryan said. "We provide the opportunity to make the team and some guys reached out and took it and other guys, it never worked out for yet."
NEW YORK (AP) — John Idzik and the New York Jets thought it was simply time to cut ties with Dimitri Patterson.
"We felt it wasn't good for the team to go forward," Idzik said. "Pure and simple."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 11:26 , Processed in 0.067759 second(s), 26 queries .