2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-11 23:14:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Hardy, who tied a franchise-record with 15 sacks last season, had four tackles and a sack in the team's regular-season opener at Tampa Bay. However, Hardy's status changed when the Ravens released Ray Rice and the league suspended him indefinitely last week after a video surfaced of Rice punching his then-fiancee.
Hardy played in Week 1 but Rivera deactivated him just hours before Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions — two days after the coach had said Hardy would play,Cheap NFL Jerseys.
"I said,Cheap NHL Jerseys Online, 'Greg,Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys, are you OK with this?' and he said, 'Coach, I understand,'" Rivera said.
Rivera said Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was involved in the Hardy discussion and the team received some input from the league, but it was his decision to bench him.
Kalil also said he's tired of answering questions about Hardy, but said the best thing he advises younger teammates to do is focus on getting better.
Hardy was convicted July 15 of assault on a female and communicating threats after the victim claimed he threw her down on a bed of guns and tossed her into the shower. He is appealing the ruling.
When asked if the Panthers got it right the first time, Rivera said, "I don't know. What is right? You do the best you can and nobody is infallible. We have to get this issue right and we're trying to do the right thing."
Rivera also said Monday that the team hasn't considered releasing the Pro Bowl defensive end who is involved in a domestic violence case. He added that Hardy will continue to practice and attend team meetings, but the coach won't make a decision on when Hardy plays until later this week.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Ron Rivera isn't sure if Greg Hardy will play Sunday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Carolina's defense didn't miss a beat without Hardy, forcing three turnovers and getting four sacks in a 24-7 victory.
Rivera said he allowed Hardy to leave the stadium and return home after notifying him of the move.
Panthers center and team co-captain Ryan Kalil said Monday he's glad he didn't have Rivera's job the last two weeks.
The decision to deactivate Hardy last Sunday was a difficult one, Rivera said.
The Panthers plan to continue gathering information in what Rivera said is "a very fluid situation."
The Panthers will have to decide by Week 6 how they want to handle Hardy's situation.
The Panthers are trying to be careful not to be reactionary.
Rivera's decision to bench Hardy came after the Minnesota Vikings deactivated Adrian Peterson following his indictment for injuring a child,Air Max 97 Buy Online. The Vikings released a statement Monday saying Peterson will play Sunday against New Orleans.
Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman and his staff are "doing their due diligence in terms of looking at what our options are" going forward, Rivera said.
Rivera said Sunday that "the climate had changed" in the NFL and that played into his decision to bench Hardy,Wholesale Jerseys.
Hardy's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment on the situation.
"There are countless guys I can name in this league that are just really good people," Kalil said. "My hope is that at some point we can focus on some of those guys. I know these things are the topic right now, but it's disappointing that it overshadows a lot of good people."
On Monday, Hardy arrived at the stadium in his white Bentley shortly after noon wearing white shorts and a hooded white sweatshirt and sunglasses. He didn't acknowledge media questions as he strolled into the stadium.
"That is why we have to sit down and talk about these things," Rivera said. "And we did the same thing (on Sunday). We talked about a lot of things and at the end of the day I had to make a decision that I believe was in the best interest of our football team and for Greg."
Later in the week, Peterson was indicted on child abuse charges, adding pressure on the Panthers to deactivate Hardy.
Hardy made $770,588.23 — one-seventeenth of his yearly pay — despite not playing. Hardy is due to make $13.1 million this year.
"I don't envy having to make those tough decisions,cheap nfl jerseys," Kalil said.

"If you play him and you win, then you don't have a conscience; and if you play him and you lose, he's a distraction," Rivera said.
Under the collective bargaining agreement, a team can only deactivate a player for non-injury reasons for a maximum of four games. The same limit applies if the Panthers were to suspend Hardy for conduct detrimental to the team.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 01:39 , Processed in 0.075389 second(s), 26 queries .