2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-13 02:29:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Tebow, famously,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, is out of the NFL, in large part because he couldn't master the pocket pass.
Griffin has been injured or ineffective through most of Years 2-3 in the league after winning the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year award.
"I didn't realize it then, but now it makes me feel great," Vick said. "I'm like, 'I started this. I started this trend.'"
"Being able to run the ball is nice,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale," says mobile Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill,China Jersyes Cheap, who played receiver for a good chunk of his college career. "But at the end of the day, a quarterback's job is to get the ball to the receivers."
Clearly, though, his impact is measured in more than wins, losses and statistics.
Then there are the quarterbacks who were doing what Vick does well before he became a force. Among his most-cited predecessors: Steve Young and Randall Cunningham.

But while Wilson has a Super Bowl ring and Kaepernick has been to the big game, they have not, by any means, redefined success at the quarterback position. This season's five highest-rated quarterbacks are Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady. All of them pocket passers who have a total of 4,920 career yards rushing among them; heading into Week 12, all their teams were leading their respective divisions in wins, too.
Vick's first NFL coach, Dan Reeves, had worked with a mobile quarterback named John Elway through the 1980s and also played with Roger Staubach in the 1960s and '70s. Reeves was well aware of the way a running QB could alter a game plan.
"I was Randall times 10," Vick said. "I'm not boasting about it. It's just what God created."
So much has happened between the time Michael Vick came into the NFL, with the promise of a man who might change offense forever, and a week ago Sunday,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, when he led the Jets to their second win of the season while also becoming the first quarterback to reach 6,000 yards rushing in his career.
"People would tell me that I could revolutionize the game," Vick said of the reaction he received when he was drafted No. 1 out of Virginia Tech in 2001.
In other words, both before Vick and since, mobile quarterbacks who made it their first priority to throw have enjoyed the most success.
The project has had mixed results. Vick accomplished a lot of firsts,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, among them the first to throw for 250 yards and run for 100 in a game, and first quarterback to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. But his career passer rating sits at 80.7. He has a 61-52-1 record as a starter. He's won only two playoff games.
Robert Griffin III, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are among those who can thank Vick for clearing their path into the NFL.
The milestone came and went, chronicled with a blurb that got second billing to the news that his team actually won a game.
Wilson has been a success, though whether it's because of his mobility or in spite of it is up for debate. He has rushed for 100 yards in four games; the Seahawks are 2-2 in those contests. Kaepernick's critics are quick to point out his career 93.2 passer rating — pedestrian in an era when 100s and 110s win the most.
Now 34 and in his 12th NFL season, Vick has spent most of his career trying to find a comfort zone in the pocket. That transformation started before he ever took an NFL snap, and kept progressing after his forced two-year hiatus while he was in prison for running a dogfighting ring.
Without Vick, many of the wide-open college schemes seen today wouldn't have gained acceptance as quickly to best exploit the talents of RG3, Tebow, Newton, Kaepernick, Johnny Manziel and, most notably this year, Marcus Mariota at Oregon and Dak Prescott at Mississippi State. Those quarterbacks, and eventually,NFL Jerseys Outlet, the high-octane offenses they run, filter from college to the pros. Now, high school quarterbacks are being taught how to line up in the pistol and throw from a five-receiver set.
In the 13 years since his arrival as the fastest man on the field who also happened to have the strongest arm, Vick may not have changed the game completely. But his impact has been palpable — most notably, in the way quarterbacks and offenses have evolved in high school, college and the pros.
"I don't know that (Vick) changed anything," Reeves said. "The thing that was different about Mike was that, in a lot of instances, he was the fastest guy on the field. You could put a spy on him and still not have anyone be able to catch him. You went in hoping he could use that to his advantage, but also get more comfortable going through progressions and being able to deliver the ball on time."
Among those still finding their way is Newton, who has been asked to tailor his game to what works in the NFL, not at Auburn. He was sacked nine times two Sundays ago in a loss to the Eagles.
Young led the 49ers to the 1995 Super Bowl title during a season in which both his rushing attempts and yardage went down about 33 percent from the three previous years. Also that season, he completed more than 70 percent of his passes for the only time.
"There have been plenty of others like us, and plenty more to come," Vick said.
"The game has changed," Reeves said. "But you've still got to be able to throw the football."
The closest Cunningham got to a Super Bowl was during the 1998 season with Minnesota, when he ran only 32 times for 132 yards and had a passer rating of more than 100 for the only time in his career.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-10 00:40 , Processed in 0.066333 second(s), 26 queries .