10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-29 07:09:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
DOWN's official web site has been updated with a recent interview the band's guitarist,Jonas Valanciunas Raptors Jersey, Pepper Keenan, gave to Guitar World magazine. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.Guitar World: Over the course of twenty years, have you ever come close to calling it a day,C.J. Watson Magic Jersey, especially with the current state of the industry?Pepper: I don't know. I'm so underground that I'm oblivious to it. I don't Facebook, I don't do any of that shit, so I just keep trucking along for the love of playing music, and in the DOWN world I can't really notice a difference. I think people appreciate a real band like us. I don't think we've been as affected as some other bands because we have a loyal following and we're true to them and we expand. Each time we come through, there's younger kids at the shows because I think they're tired of the bullshit, too. They want to see something real and they know they can rely on a band like DOWN. I think that's helped us out. It's probably hurt some bands that weren't in it for the real reasons, but the ones who really enjoy what they do and have a love of music are the ones who remain unscathed because they're not affected by something like that. But the fly-by-night bands who are trying to make something stick to the wall by networking or whatever the fuck you do,DeMarcus Cousins Team USA Jersey, put shit on the Internet and just rely on that instead of getting in the fucking van and starving to death for the love of your music, that's the ones who say the industry sucks!Guitar World: Why the longevity? This band has outlasted most marriages.Pepper: The thing that's different about us is we grew up together. We knew each other before we were in this band. We were all kids in New Orleans, we all went to the same shows, so we know each other better than most people in bands know each other, I would guess. Through thick and thin, and all the drugs and booze and whatever else we fucked up and all that shit,Evan Fournier Magic Jersey, we're still me and Kirk [Windstein, fellow DOWN guitarist], so we have a good time and we still fuck with each other. We have constant feuds of guitar playing and who's the riff master and all this kind of shit  constant.Guitar World: You're working on an EP series. What is that about?Pepper: We've got a whole bunch of songs and a lot of different material, so we're going to separate these albums into different vibes. That gives us more freedom to go in a certain direction without having to constrain it for a particular album. We're going to have these things in a series and they'll all end up matching up together in the last one. It's a pretty big undertaking; I've never seen anybody do it. It gives us the freedom not to be so regulated doing a whole record. Especially in this new industry that everybody's talking about and how it sucks,Kevin Love Team USA Jersey, we won't have to deal with all that shit. We'll put out six songs. There will be four EPs, and the release dates, I guess, will be consistent with our recording schedule and touring schedule. We're touring a lot, so we've been going on this record for four years and still playing new places. Part of our goal was to become more of a global-type band, touring the world. Once you've got those people behind you, it gives you a lot more freedom.Guitar World: Are you self-producing again?Pepper: Yes, yes, yes! We did the math and between all of us we've done 50-something records, so we've got it all figured out,Wizards Jersey, and Phil [Anselmo, vocals] doesn't like listening to people telling him what to do! Right or wrong, it's our way or no way. The last record came out in 2007 and I thought we'd be back in the studio after two years, but we kept touring and here we are. Time flies.Guitar World: The last time we spoke, which was in 2002, you said, "I don't understand what's going on with music right now. It's this "mall mentality." If you consider yourself a musician, wouldn't you want to get back to the basics? That's what blues,Kyle Lowry Raptors Jersey, jazz, bluegrass and country bands do, but rock bands are affected by MTV,Custom Orlando Magic Jersey, and the standards have dropped drastically in rock and roll. What happened? How did it get so off course?" Ten years later Pepper: I'm a prophet! There's been some good bands since I did that interview. We've got our ears to the street. I like WITCHCRAFT a lot. GHOST is fantastic; they're writing serious songs. When SOUNDGARDEN called it quits, that was the end of anybody doing anything with any standard of quality. And NIRVANA  everybody started ripping off poor Kurt Cobain and that cheap trash became ugly. We do what we do. I keep my bands pretty small and don't try to be everywhere all the time. It makes you more balanced in terms of creativity. Some people try to sell themselves so much it ends up sounding and looking fake. I don't have to sell anything. I enjoy what we do, and if I stay broke, I'm fine with that. I think it's quality over quantity.Read more at this location.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 14:58 , Processed in 0.046552 second(s), 26 queries .