2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-14 21:47:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Wilson holds the NFL record for most wins in his first three seasons and was the third-youngest quarterback in league history to win a Super Bowl title.
"I think it's just a sense this is the right deal. It's the right deal at the right time," Rodgers said.
Wilson's contract status was the biggest story in Seattle, and the more time passed without an agreement the more conjecture grew about his long-term status. There was growing concern that Wilson would play out the final season of his rookie contract and then test free agency. The Seahawks likely would have used the franchise tag to keep Wilson for the 2016 season but at a cost that would significantly hamper their salary cap situation.
It's one of the richest contracts in football history, slotting Wilson slightly behind Aaron Rodgers and just ahead of Ben Roethlisberger in the hierarchy of quarterback contracts on per-year average. It'll likely get passed when Andrew Luck signs his next deal, but for now it pays Wilson at an elite level for helping lead the franchise to consecutive Super Bowl appearances.
He's been a difficult quarterback to categorize outside of leading Seattle to the type of success it's never before enjoyed as a franchise,Air Max 1 Atmos.
"For me I just want to be paid based on what I'm worth, what I've produced, whatever that means. For me, I just let the play speak for itself," Wilson said. "That's not my job to kind of do all that. That's why I hire (agent) Mark Rodgers and that's why I trust him to figure everything out for me, work everything out and sure enough it did and I get to play here for another four more years. Couldn't be much better."
He had the Seahawks on the cusp of a second straight title. Wilson got Seattle to the New England 1-yard line in the final seconds of the Super Bowl, only to be intercepted by Malcolm Butler, clinching the Patriots' 28-24 victory.
Wilson's extension keeps him with the franchise that took him in the third round of the 2012 draft and watched him become one of the most successful young quarterbacks in NFL history. He's locked up in Seattle through the 2019 season — the year he turns 31 — giving him the opportunity at another big paycheck down the road.
"He's really competitive. No surprise,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, right? He's really competitive like the rest of us," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "So it was emotional to some extent, but I think in his heart he knew that we wanted this to happen, we were going to get it done, we were going to find a way and he handled himself beautifully throughout the process."
Rodgers said a number of times during the offseason that the quarterback had financially planned to be playing for $1.54 million. Wilson took out an insurance policy to protect against injury just in case no extension was reached.

Wilson has led Seattle to the playoffs all three of his seasons, beating Denver in the Super Bowl in his second season before losing to New England in the title game last February.
He's also been a bargain for Seattle. The 2015 season was the first time Wilson was scheduled to make more than $1 million. That's now just $700,000 in base salary for 2015 with a $31 million signing bonus — $20 million now and the other $11 million next April — more than making up for the shortfall.
Settling on a four-year deal was a big emphasis for Wilson's agent to give the quarterback a chance to capitalize on what will be an evolving quarterback market over the next five seasons.
The Seahawks now have Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Jimmy Graham, Cliff Avril,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas,Authentic Buffalo Bills Jersey, Doug Baldwin and Kam Chancellor all under contract through 2016.
Last season, Wilson threw for 3,J.R. Smith Jersey,475 yards and 20 touchdowns against just seven interceptions in the regular season. He added another 849 yards rushing and six scores,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, and saved some of his most memorable moments for the playoffs.
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Drawn out to nearly the last moment before a deadline that was not just for show, Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks discovered a compromise in contract talks.
"I think his performance on the field builds the case for him," Rodgers said.
Those worries about Wilson hitting free agency or Seattle having to use a franchise tag are now tabled for another five seasons. Wilson is locked up in Seattle for the prime of his career after signing an $87.6 million, four-year extension on Friday that includes a $31 million signing bonus.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:44 , Processed in 0.060364 second(s), 26 queries .