2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-15 05:46:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The longer Peyton Manning talked about his former team, the hotter he became.
But it's not supposed to be that windy Sunday against the Colts. Kyle Fredin, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, said the latest forecast models have the wind blowing in the 10-to-15 mph range.
After all, at 38, Manning is trying to supplant his boss, John Elway, as the oldest QB to win a Super Bowl.
This should warm up Manning and Broncos fans, however: Forecasters are calling for a warm-up this week and balmy conditions are expected on game day, with the high in the 40s, maybe a cool breeze and no precipitation.
"The Colts are a big-time team, too, and it's always hard to beat a team twice," said Miller, whose squad knocked off the Colts 31-24 at home in the opening game of the season. "We've got to take advantage of the opportunity now, and that's where everybody's mindset is at."
"We've played in about every scenario that I can think of in my three years here," tight end Jacob Tamme said. "We've had the unbelievably cold and the absolutely beautiful. We have a team built that can win in any conditions. And that's what you need right now."
Even if a cold front were to suddenly descend upon the city — this is Denver, after all — the Broncos are built for harsher conditions these days. They no longer rely so heavily on Manning's right arm but on a revamped running game and a dominant defense that features five Pro Bowlers and a couple of notable snubs.
The Denver Broncos quarterback rarely took his reddened hands out of the pouch around his waist Wednesday following a two-hour practice in 16-degree, windy weather.
"I think we can win this year in any conditions," Tamme said.
He wasn't mad. Just cold.
Manning also has a stalwart defense to help out, which features Pro Bowlers Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller, Aqib Talib,cheap jerseys from china, T.J. Ward and DeMarcus Ware. Defensive lineman Terrance Knighton and linebacker Brandon Marshall also played at a Pro Bowl level but weren't named to the squad.
Although Manning's record is sub-.500 in chilly conditions, his overall numbers really aren't that ghastly. He's thrown 43 touchdown passes and 27 interceptions while completing 62.6 percent of his passes, according to STATS. His completion percentage since joining the Broncos in 2012 is 67.7.
"I feel pretty good physically," Manning reiterated Wednesday. "Like all players, I've battled through some injuries. I think the bye week came at a good time for us to give some guys a chance to get healthy. We've tried to find different ways to win football games and hopefully that prepares us well when you get into these playoff games and anything can go on. Different games take on different identities.
Since a Nov. 16 loss in St. Louis when Manning threw the ball 54 times, the Broncos have worked on being more balanced. They've run the ball 186 times over the last six games and attempted 194 passes.
If that is indeed the case, Manning is 10-11 when the winds are 15 mph or more, with 29 TD passes and 23 interceptions.
After nine minutes of chatting about a showdown with Indianapolis in an AFC divisional playoff game Sunday,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, he went inside to get warm, softly muttering,Cheap Jerseys From China, "It's cold out here,Brett Favre Falcons Jersey UK, huh?"
"I think our team has played with a sense of urgency all season, to tell you the truth,Nike Air Force One Shoes For Sale," Manning said. "That is what we're going to have on Sunday because it's helped us win a lot of games this year."

When the wind picks up, though, Manning's numbers don't exactly soar. He's 3-6 with gusts of 20 mph or more and has thrown 11 interceptions and just seven TD passes. His completion percentage is 58.5 percent.
Manning's numbers tend to dip when the thermometer does. He's 12-13 in his career when the temperature is 40 degrees or below,Wholesale China Jerseys, according to STATS.
"Peyton is going to go out there and play well," declared running back C.J. Anderson. "But it takes a team and we have to help him."
"You never know what it's going to be but I think we've proven we can win games differently and hopefully that serves us well potentially on Sunday."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 13:10 , Processed in 0.064807 second(s), 26 queries .