主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-15 07:16:17 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Now, they'll have to put it all together.
But Colts fans were mystified by the selection until Grigson changed directions Friday before following the same script Saturday.

"We would like to win at least two world championships (with Luck). We don't shy away from that fact," Irsay said. "When you look at that, we look at how we build this roster over the next three years to where you can win two Super Bowls."
Less than 72 hours after confounding fans and pundits by taking a receiver in the first round, Colts general manager Ryan Grigson wrapped up draft weekend with a heavy tilt toward defense — a move team owner Jim Irsay hopes will help Indianapolis complete its Super Bowl puzzle.
Eventually,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, Grigson figured out a way to pacify fans and give coach Chuck Pagano the players he needed to make things tougher on opposing offenses.
The Colts started Saturday by taking Clayton Geathers of Central Florida, a big-hitting safety who is expected to compete for the starting job with recently signed veteran free agent Dwight Lowery.
Indianapolis helped itself in a variety of ways.
"My eyes light up when I see it," Dorsett said Saturday. "Seeing how much they throw the ball, how many yards he (Luck) throws for, I've never honestly been in a situation like this, ever, when it came to playing football. That's why I'm so happy."
Indy started the fourth round by selecting the 6-foot-2, 208-pound Geathers, who comes from a long lineage of football players. Two uncles and three cousins have already played in the NFL and another cousin has bounced around the CFL and Arena Football League for the past six seasons. The youngest Geathers is the first of the seven not to play on the defensive line, and he's hungry to prove he can make it, too.
"We think we're a lot better football team right now than we have been," Irsay said before the Colts made their final pick.
And the only time Grigson went offense over the final two days was when he took Mississippi State running back Josh Robinson late in the sixth round,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale.
This time,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, he didn't have a choice. The Colts' decision-makers knew the only way to compete for a championship was to get better on defense.
Fans didn't believe that when the Colts took Phillip Dorsett with the 29th overall pick Thursday, a move Irsay thinks will stress defenses.
Dorsett, who the Colts clocked at 4.25 seconds in the 40-yard dash, gives them more speed. And he'll get to work full-time with fellow Miami alum Andre Johnson and fellow Miami native T.Y. Hilton in what could become one of the league's most talented receiving contingents.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Colts believe they found the missing pieces in this year's NFL draft.
The four straight defensive picks ended Grigson's trend of leaning to the offense. He had used almost three-fourths of his picks over the past three years on offensive players,Cheap NHL Jerseys.
"I always say they must not have been passing me the food,Cheap Nike Air Max Wholesale," Geathers joked a few minutes after being taken No. 109 overall. "I'm the littlest one of the bunch."
"There's no question we are looking toward being more physical on defense and stopping the run," Irsay said.
They wound up with the much larger Parry in the fifth round, Georgia linebacker Amarlo Herrera in the sixth and Mars Hill offensive lineman Denzelle Good in the seventh.
They moved up in the fifth round to select 300-pound nose tackle David Parry from Stanford at No. 151, a player with a nasty streak that could help improve the Colts' run defense. On Friday, they plucked Parry's college teammate, defensive end Henry Anderson,Marshon Lattimore Jersey, late in the third round and chose brash cornerback D'Joun Smith with the first pick in Round 3 after making a deal with Tampa Bay.
Will it be enough to reach a Super Bowl? The Colts certainly hope so.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:23 , Processed in 0.081909 second(s), 23 queries .