2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-15 11:10:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Bennett, Cliff Avril and the rest of Seattle's front four have seen their snap counts increase significantly this season and especially in the past three weeks. The rotation Seattle used with such effectiveness in its run to the Super Bowl has been reduced.
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — When Michael Bennett decided to sign with Seattle during the 2013 offseason, part of the attraction was the idea that he'd no longer be asked to play nearly every down and wouldn't be worn out by the end of the season.
"Down the stretch we're just playing the games. Whatever we need in the rotations we're going with,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "There is no pitch-count here with these guys. We have rotations in mind but we only had 46 plays last week so we were fortunate in that sense. Nobody was overplayed there."
Last season, no Seattle defensive lineman played more than 60.6 percent of his possible defensive snaps,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, according to STATS. Bennett was in on 57.4 percent of the defensive plays. Avril was in for 56 percent of the snaps.
Much of it is related to Seattle's depth. Chris Clemons, who led Seattle's defensive linemen in percentage of snaps last season, is now in Jacksonville. So is defensive end Red Bryant, while pass rush defensive tackle Clinton McDonald went to Tampa Bay.
Bennett played 98 percent of the defensive snaps against Arizona,Nike Air Max 98 Tour Yellow, 81 percent against San Francisco and 93 percent against the Eagles. Bruce Irvin played every snap against both Arizona and San Francisco before playing 30 of 46 against the Eagles. Avril has played at least 75 percent of the snaps in each of the last three games.
Seattle is on a run of defensive success that has been rare in the NFL in recent seasons. The Seahawks have allowed just 507 total yards in the past three games, fourth-fewest since 2006. But with those lockdown performances against Arizona, San Francisco and Philadelphia has come an increased workload for Bennett, Avril and others.
Last season, that's almost exactly how it played out for Bennett and the rest of Seattle's defensive line. This season,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, not so much.
"That's just how it is," Bennett said. "It doesn't bother me. I'm just moving around a lot and trying to make as many plays as I can. I was telling somebody the other day, on this team,Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, statistically you will never be at the top of any position like you want. You won't have the most interceptions, you won't have the most tackles, and you'll just be on a really good defense that will play for each other. I think that's what is so special about this team."
"Each week it depends a little bit," Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said. "I think we know sometimes we're at our best when we're able to get more guys but if we have to play Mike and Cliff more for us to do that, they're prepared to do that as well."
So why the dramatic increase this season?
NOTES: C Max Unger (ankle/knee) was limited in practice Friday and is likely still a week away. He is doubtful for Sunday,Nike NFL Jerseys China. ... TE Cooper Helfet (ankle) is questionable after missing the last two games.
The other factor is injuries. Seattle had high hopes for what rookie Cassius Marsh and third-year defensive lineman Greg Scruggs could add to the rotation up front, only to see both end up on injured reserve. Brandon Mebane's torn hamstring that ended his season also created more disruption on the line.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 10:52 , Processed in 0.066924 second(s), 26 queries .