10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-29 12:19:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Vocalist Randy Blythe of Richmond,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2016, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD has commented on the news that the band's latest album, "Resolution", sold around 52,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart. LAMB OF GOD's previous CD, "Wrath", opened with around 68,000 units back in March 2009 to enter the chart at No. 2.  This figure was roughly in line with the first-week tally registered by 2006's "Sacrament", which shifted around 63,000 units to debut at No. 8.  It also represented almost double the amount of records sold by its predecessor, "Ashes Of The Wake", which premiered with 35,Cheap NFL Jerseys,000 copies in September 2004.In a series of messages on his Twitter account, Randy wrote, "Thanks to all the people congratulating us for #3 chart spot in the U.S. for 'Resolution'. It's pretty cool — we are proud of the record! This confirms something that [LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton] and I have been saying for a couple of years in the press, trying to explain to people about the difference of metal/hardcore fans — that the music is much more of a LIFESTYLE thing than regular pop 'music.' Being involved in this scene runs deeper than just tunes — it provides a social group, I believe, composed of primarily folks who think DIFFERENTLY than the status quo."To me, coming up in the hardcore/punk scene was so much more than just records — it was friends where I had none before, an escape from the bullshit of normal life that I was totally fed up with. I believe that the metal scene is approaching that paradigm today — it's smart, starting to become politically and socially aware. The metal fans also flat-out SUPPORT their scene more as well, by going to shows even in tough economic times, and buying records to try and support the artists who make our music."The record industry is BROKEN, and a new model HAS to occur — there is no denying that. But I feel that the metal/hardcore/punk fans will embrace that new model and support the artists in a way that pop fans will not, or perhaps will do so only grudgingly. "Here are some figures for y'all that illustrate what I'm talking about,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, that shows that metal fans still support the artists. Our record 'Wrath' debuted at #2. 'Resolution' debuted at #3. 'Wrath' SoundScanned 68,000 copies during release week. 'Resolution' scanned over 52,000 copies first week. Now, you may look at these [numbers] and say, 'Wow, their chart position and sales have declined. Their fan base must be getting smaller.'??"NOT AT ALL. Consider this — album-to-album sales ACROSS the board are down approximately 40%. This is due to a bad economy and (ahem) downloading. LAMB OF GOD's album sales are down only about 20%. "Take the guy with the #2 slot, Tim McGraw. His last record came in at 139,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched,000 copies. His record that debuted last week came in at 69,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale,000. That is about a FIFTY PERCENT DROP. So while he sold more records than us, his drop in sale was FAR LARGER than ours. It's the norm EVERYONE on the charts."Everyone,Cheap NFL Jerseys co, except… yup, you guessed it, some of the more underground types of bands. "During our second week, we can expect to see an 80% drop in sales. This is because we have a hardcore fan base who actually went out and got the record,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, most probably did ON THE DAY OF RELEASE. "We aren't a big radio band. We don't have 'hits' or airplay to drive us along the charts. But we have a fan base that will exist long after machine has EATEN the latest pop sensation and spit them out. "How many pop singers have 17-year careers that keep growing? Not many. Flash-in-the-pan bullshit. "So we thank you for your support. We thank you for supporting our music. "When I say 'our' music,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2017, I mean OUR music — it's YOUR music as well as LAMB OF GOD's. Otherwise we would't be where we are. "Thanks again, and I'll see ya in the pit.”"Resolution" was released in the U.S. via Epic and internationally through Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded at various studios in Virginia and New York with producer Josh Wilbur, who worked on the band's last effort, 2009's "Wrath"."Resolution" features 14 songs and comes in a digipack with artwork by longtime art director Ken Adams.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 08:54 , Processed in 0.070233 second(s), 28 queries .