2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-16 12:28:58 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I still feel like I'm not 100 percent back but I'm making strides every day," he said. "Just being able to be out here and perfect my craft every day. Every day it takes coming out here and working on it. I don't know when I'll be back and I don't know when I'll go past where I was but all I know is slowly I'm getting there."
Harris said working with accomplished players like that was the best part about being drafted by Oakland and has helped ease his way back into football. He is confident he can contribute in the NFL and is excited about the chance to show it to everyone else,NFL Jerseys China.
Harris then showed enough in training camp and the exhibition games to earn a spot on Oakland's 53-man roster as a backup defensive lineman. Instead of viewing that comeback as an impressive feat, Harris said it is only the beginning.
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Shelby Harris had no idea what his football future would hold when he was suspended for his final college season at Illinois State.
"I can definitely play at this level," he said. "There's no doubt about it in my head. I can go out there and be an impact wherever I'm needed. I have the confidence to play in this league and I have the skill to play in this league. Now it's just to show everyone else that I have the skill to be able to play every day."
"I like Shelby and when he sets his mind and goes," defensive coordinator Jason Tarver said. "He's very smart, so sometimes he thinks too much. ... We line him up inside and outside and he can handle it mentally, but he just needs to go fast. But I do like where Shelby's progressing. As long as he works one play at a time, he's got a chance."
The Raiders were willing to overlook Harris' transgressions to draft him in the seventh round in May because they believed in him as a person and player.
He spent his year away from football working out and playing basketball to stay in shape. He also got a job as a waiter before leaving to train for the draft in Indianapolis.
Harris' transition to the NFL has been helped by the presence of veterans like Justin Tuck, LaMarr Woodley, Antonio Smith and Pat Sims on the defensive line.
Harris made a strong early impression in his start to his NFL career with one sack and eight quarterback hurries in limited time in the exhibition season. He has had ups and downs that would be expected after going more than 20 months without playing a game.
After spending part of his time off waiting tables in an Italian restaurant,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic, Harris was able to get into good enough shape to persuade the Oakland Raiders to draft him in the seventh round.
Harris does not want to talk about what led to his dismissal but says he was humbled by it and got an even deeper appreciation of playing football from his time away.
"I knew the whole time I could make this roster,NFL Jerseys Outlet," Harris said. "It was just a matter of going out there and showing them. It's a big step but the journey is not over. You made the roster but now what will you do? Are you complacent making the roster or are you trying to make a move up the roster and be able to play and make plays?"
Harris was suspended for his final year of college at Illinois State for an undisclosed violation of team rules and kicked off the team,Wholesale Jerseys USA. He previously had been suspended at Wisconsin and forced to transfer,Air Max 90 Essential White And Black.
"Just watching all my friends and my teammates going out to practice every day, going out during the games, missing teammate camaraderie. It hurts," he said. "It hurts just because that's what you live for. When you play sports you live for being on the team,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, that teammate camaraderie."
The Raiders like what they have seen so far, even though Harris has shown some inconsistencies.

Harris had 14 sacks in three seasons at Illinois State and was an all-Missouri Valley Conference selection in 2012. But he was suspended from the team in March 2013.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:07 , Processed in 0.068354 second(s), 26 queries .