主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-2-17 17:36:49 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Nobody really cares about injuries," Garrett said. "No one's focused on, 'Boy, the Cowboys .' Nobody feels sorry for you. That's not really how the world works."
The Cowboys will be in a new, uncertain world starting Sunday.
The two quarterbacks on the practice squad, Kellen Moore and Jameill Showers, have never taken a snap in a regular-season game, although Moore is a fourth-year player who worked under Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan in Detroit.
And yet the biggest question is whether they'll still be in contention by the time Romo and Bryant are on the field together again.
But the 31-year-old in his fourth season has lost his past eight games as a starter,Nike Air Max 95 Mens, including Arizona last year when Romo was out with a back injury. The skid goes back to his two-year stint with Cleveland after the Browns drafted him late in the first round in 2012.

Dallas must also decide whether to add another quarterback. Weeden was the only healthy one for most of the second half against the Eagles, and Garrett said the emergency option would have been direct snaps to running backs Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden.
The defending NFC East champions are alone atop the division at 2-0 after a 20-10 victory at Philadelphia that cost them their quarterback a week after Bryant's injury in the opener.
"I think the players around him have confidence in him, and he goes and executes the ball plays," Garrett said. "He's gotten a lot of reps in Tony's absence from practice the last couple of years, so I think that's benefited him."
And if he's not ready for either of those games, Romo's absence could approach three months if he skips a short week for the Thanksgiving home game against Carolina and returns Dec. 7 at Washington.
NOTES: Garrett said he was optimistic TE Jason Witten would play against the Falcons despite injuring both ankles and a knee against the Eagles. He stayed in the game. Witten has appeared in 192 consecutive games, including the playoffs.
Weeden threw a clinching 42-yard touchdown pass to Terrance Williams in the fourth quarter against the Eagles after replacing Romo.
His All-Pro receiver, Dez Bryant, will be sidelined perhaps through the end of October because of a broken right foot.
The first start-to-finish test without both star players is Sunday at home against Atlanta (2-0).
Coach Jason Garrett said Monday that tests revealed no ligament damage for Romo after the second broken collarbone of his career. The other was in 2010,Cheap NFL Jerseys, when he missed the final 10 games of the season. However, Dallas was out of playoff contention before he could have returned.
"There is pressure on everyone in this organization," said Brandon Weeden, the backup responsible for keeping the Cowboys afloat while their four-time Pro Bowl quarterback is out.
"We'll certainly consider all options to make our team better," Garrett said. "We like the options we have right now."
Now the Cowboys have to decide whether to clear a roster spot by putting Romo on the injured list with a designation to return, which would sideline him for seven games over eight weeks.
"We have a lot of weapons,NFL Jerseys China, a lot of good weapons,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic," Weeden said. "So my job is to make it easy on those guys, let them do their jobs,Air Max 97 Buy Online, get them those one-on-one matchups, and let them do what they do best."
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo won't be back for at least two months because of a broken left collarbone, and maybe closer to three with the way the schedule falls for the Dallas Cowboys.
The Cowboys are 6-9 without Romo since he became the starter in 2006, and this is the first time Dallas will be without Romo and Bryant since both were sidelined for the last two games of Bryant's rookie season in 2010. The Cowboys went 2-2.
"So I am not going to put any added pressure on myself,Nike NFL Jerseys China. I know what is at stake. I know we have a good team. So hopefully we can all rally and keep this going in the right direction."
The most optimistic time frame for Romo's return is during a two-game Florida swing on Nov. 15 (Tampa Bay) and Nov. 22 (Miami). If he goes on the injured list with the option of returning, the visit to the Dolphins would be the first possible return date.
Owner Jerry Jones has said Bryant's broken foot, sustained in the fourth quarter against the New York Giants, will need six weeks to heal. That would put his earliest return date at Nov. 1 at home against defending NFC champion Seattle. And he will miss a visit from Super Bowl champion New England on Oct. 11.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:57 , Processed in 0.084268 second(s), 25 queries .